- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in ZambiaEngineering Jobs in Zambia
OPERATOR 777 WATER CART
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to Production Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Operator 777 Water Cart.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Production, you will be responsible for carrying out all duties associated with Water Cart operation in mining load and haul section.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure personnel are adequately inducted in their work area and are aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applying at LMC.
- Conduct prestart checks of the machine before commencing work
- Ensure the equipment is kept clean in all its interior and exterior components.
- Ensure the Machine is refuelled in each shift.
- Dust suppression in the haul roads
- Work under the supervision of shift supervisors to maintain site safety standards
- Report all defects on the Machine to the maintenance and mine dispatch section.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have a Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Must be certified to operate a 777 Water Cart.
- Must have sound Knowledge of safe working procedures and mine operations
- Must be self-disciplined.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .