- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in ZambiaEngineering Jobs in Zambia
OPERATOR – 365/870 EXCAVATOR
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to Project Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Operator 365/870 Excavator.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Projects, you will be responsible for daily operations of various Earthmoving equipment including excavators and ancillary machines under Project Section.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Conduct prestart checks on Excavator before commencing work
- Ensure effectiveness of heavy mobile equipment with focus on safety and productivity.
- Ensure the equipment is kept clean in all its interior and exterior components
- Actively promote, monitor, participate in safe working practices and identify risks in the work area.
- Report all defects on the machine to the maintenance and mine dispatch section
- Control work personnel and other equipment in work area to avoid incidents
- Minimize costs through efficient operations of the machine by providing expertise
- Carry out assigned tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies
- Reporting to the Supervisor any potential unsafe activities, mishaps, incidents, accidents, injuries, or illnesses at the workplace
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Must have certificate of competence in Excavator operations
- Must have sound Knowledge of safe working procedures and mine operations
- At least three years of work experience in continuous operations in a mining environment
- Ability to interpret standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and manuals
- Good time keeping and attendance record
- Knowledge and skills in operations of hydraulic backhoe excavator will be added advantage
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .