Operator – 100 Tonner
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Operator – 100 Tonner
Reporting to: Supervisor -Projects
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking to recruit highly committed employees for the position of Operator 100 Tonner to join the Mining team.
Reporting to the Project Supervisor you will be responsible for carrying out all duties associated with 100 Tonner operation in the mining projects Section. Your duties will include but not limited to the following.
• Conduct prestart checks of the Machine before commencing work
• Ensure the equipment is kept clean in all its interior and exterior components.
• Ensure the Machine is refueled in each shift.
• Hauling material
• Work under the supervision of shift supervisors to maintain site safety standards
• Report all defects on the Machine to the maintenance and mine dispatch section.
• Carry out any other adhoc production related requests, as necessary.
Experience & Qualifications
• Must have a Grade 12 Certificate
• Must be certified to operate a 100 Tonner machine.
• Must have sound Knowledge of safe working procedures and mine operations
• Previous experience in a similar role will be an added advantage.
Barrick– Lumwana Employees that meet the above stated requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.