Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and Danish Church Aid (DCA) have been working together with strong partnerships in Zambia since as early as 2003. For the last 17 years, we have been working closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners within two overall strategic priorities, Gender and Economic Justice. Through a joint office and country program, NCA and DCA work together to empower rights-holders, especially women and youth. Through strong networks and alliances within Zambian civil society, we uphold and protect people’s dignity and promote their active participation in the development of their country. The Joint Country Program (JCP) Zambia is a fully merged country programme where funding, technical advice, lobby & advocacy, communication, administration is shared and coordinated. NCA is the lead agency. Our programs focus on Gender Justice (including gender-based violence), Climate-Smart Economic Empowerment and Fighting Inequality.
In this key position, under the JCP Country Director, you will be responsible for supporting and overseeing Logistics & Procurement, Security & Safety and administration and HR functions. As Operations Manager, you have excellent communication and networking skills and can communicate across all areas of the organization, internally and externally. You are flexible and can easily adapt and thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment.
The position is a two-year contract, based in Lusaka. This position is for expats only.
Start date: May 1’st, 2021.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with JCP and donor guidelines.
- Monitor and quality control of procurement, fleet and asset management
- Warehouse management and documentation
- Follow up and build capacity of JCP’s partners in the field of logistics and procurement
- Oversee the HR function to ensure that personnel policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff and that they are compliant with both local legislation and JCP standards
- Support the Country Director in matters related to proper management of staff and facilities.
- Coordinate all administrative support functions and oversee the IT Department and the ICT maintenance system.
- Relevant higher education but relevant experience might compensate for lack of formal education.
- Over five years’ experience working with Operations Management in the context of development aid and humanitarian assistance
- Demonstrated experience in capacity development to local organizations and staff.
- Experience from working in challenging environments and working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams.
- Risk awareness and compliance background.
- Proficiency in English, written and oral is a requirement.
- Ability to manage people effectively using good listening, motivation and communication skills.
- Systematic, structured and accurate
- Patient and culturally sensitive
- Ability to think analytically and strategically in challenging situations
- Able to handle stress, prioritize, multitask and work well under pressure
- The person employed must be loyal to NCA and DCAs Christian values
We can offer
- Exciting and meaningful projects
- Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive insurance and pension plan.
NCA emphasises diversity, and we therefore encourage all qualified persons to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, age, disability or cultural background.
In accordance with core humanitarian principles, NCA implements a range of safeguards to prevent or reduce the possibility of humanitarian aid falling into the wrong hands. This includes those individuals and groups who are subject to sanctions by the United Nations Security Council. As part of this process, NCA will screen the details of the successful candidates for this post against the sanctions lists maintained by the UN and by some of NCAs governmental donors.
How to apply
NCA uses an electronic gateway for all recruitment where you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates. Only applicants using this electronic gateway will be considered for the position.
To apply for the position, click this link: https://kirkensnodhjelp.recman.no/job.php?job_id=185140
You can change the language on this page in the top right corner, then click apply job above the advert. After that fill out all the fields, be aware there is one field that is mandatory; “candidate attributes”, once this is filled out you will be able to apply.