Operational Technology Interns
Jobs at:Barrick Gold Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Barrick Gold Corporation
Internship Opportunty: Operational Technology Interns
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to Operational Technology (OT) Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking to train Operational Technology Interns.
Reporting to Coordinator – Operational Technology (OT), you will be involved in the review, design, implementation, maintenance, management of all mining operational technologies and infrastructure, applications.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Provide support and assistance to Technology and Systems Coordinator to enable the team leverage, optimize established operational key performance indicators (KPIs) and asset performance metrics.
• Design and deployment of Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) tailored to the Life-of-Mine (LOM) in accordance with the organizational standards.
• Project management in development and astute implementation of all mining technologies, applications and infrastructure.
• Infrastructure, application support and real-time monitoring of all mining information systems functionality performance.
• Analyze, recommend upgrades, incremental innovation around current mining technologies and systems infrastructure to guarantee mining excellence.
• Build collaborative rapport with Barrick’s internal and external stakeholders to ascertain project program implementation of all mining information management systems and technologies
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• BSc. in Electronics Engineering or BSc. in Computer Science
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge around electronic analogue and digital signal types or communication protocols.
• Ability to interpret basic electronic, electrical, logic, wireless local area network schematic diagram and circuits
• Good Analytical, strategic thinking, technical and organizational skills
• Willingness to learn and Excellent computer skills
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.