Lafarge Zambia is the leading supplier of building materials and major construction solutions provider in Zambia and the regional market. The Company operates a network of facilities, which includes two integrated cement plants (with a combined capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum) in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and southern Africa.
Lafarge Zambia Plc is a member of LafargeHolcim Group, which is reinventing how the world builds to make it greener and smarter for all. LafargeHolcim is a global leader in recycling waste as a source of energy and raw materials through products like Susteno, its leading circular cement. LafargeHolcim’s 70,000 employees are committed to improving quality of life across more than 70 markets through its four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future. Training and skills development means employees can take control of their own careers; everyone builds their own rich and diversified career portfolio. You hold the keys to your success!
Lafarge Zambia is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individuals to take up the following roles:
New Works Engineer.
Overall Mission of the Role:
This position will have the primary responsibility of assisting the Plant Manager and Maintenance
Manager in implementing capital projects and developing studies as well as to take care of new projects.
The incumbent will also assist other departments in problem solving.
Main Activities/ Responsibilities:
Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get
confirmation that they are correctly understood.
- Make sure that key equipment is working properly.
- Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace
- Conduct studies related to the future of the plant, thus contributing in its development.
- Assist in preparation of the plant CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) Budget.
Assist plant people in elaborating ideas and plans regarding progress actions in order to improve
long term efficiency of the operation.
Ensure proper execution of projects through the development of studies and/or implementation of
small modifications or major investments.
- Assist plant people in analysing major problems which jeopardize the short term operation.
- Ensure proper information and assist in plant people’s training regarding new installations.
Although not directly involved in the plant operation, he/she must maintain a good understanding
of plant operations so that when called upon to assist in shutdown work or troubleshooting,
effective assistance is given.
He/she will be responsible for initiating and maintaining current and future equipment files as well
as keeping plant drawing database up-to-date.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- Must be Registered and Certified with a degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Master in Project or Engineering management will be added advantage
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A member of Association of Consulting Engineers of Zambia will be an added advantage
Must possess proven knowledge and experience in Civil construction or consulting engineering
covering cross-discipline in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Structural engineering
Must have good knowledge of cement plant technology (mechanical and electrical), cement
manufacturing process, product quality, project and cost management
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Package and the Google suite
- Must be able to work with Computer aided design (CAD) softwares e.g Autocard, Solid Works
- Listening capability
- Negotiating ability
- Leadership abilities; capacity to motivate, convince, train and act as a coach junior staff
- Analytical skills
Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under listed no later than Thursday 10th June 2021 . Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to: [email protected]
Please also note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]