World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for functional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system at field level. He/she will assist the Nutrition Coordinator in providing support to District Nutrition Coordinating Committee (DNCC) and Ward Nutrition Coordinating Committee (WNCC) in data management. Moreover, he/she works with the direct supervisor in the coordination and/or the implementation of projects’ baselines and evaluations, as well as the implementation of standardized Monitoring and Evaluation processes and tools for all sectors at field level. S/he will implement and support the project according work plan and prepare reports.
- Monitoring Framework
- Develop and implement MEAL Framework requirement according to EU standards.
- Develop Indicator Detailed Sheet, Data collection tools, database
- Develop M&E, costed, work plan
- Develop and implement routine monitoring data flows and monitoring systems in collaboration with FAWEZA
- Ensure staff capacity on all appropriate levels in monitoring in data monitoring, utilization of tools and database management, outcome and process monitoring studies
- Develop and implement outcome monitoring data flow and monitoring system in collaboration with FAWEZA
- Develop and implement Monitoring & Support visiting and Data Auditing plan
- Coordinate Baseline and Evaluation studies
- Manage consultants contracting process
- Liaise and manage consultants conducting baseline and evaluation, ensuring:
- High quality design document
- Development and testing of data collection tools
- Appropriate training in data collection tools
- Coordination with field level staff in data collection process
- Reviewing data analysis and report
- Review all reports to ensure they are prepared using the standard formats
- Assist project teams to conduct monthly review meetings to discuss performance against targets for all activities, explaining any performance variances, identifying and addressing implementation challenges, documenting lessons learned and most-significant success stories and, generating consensus on targets for the next month
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Social Science, Project Management or other related discipline
- Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Physical, Biological or Social Sciences Preferred
- Computer literate in statistical packages including Microsoft applications and others such as Word, Excel, Power point, EPI Info, CS Pro, and SPSS
- At least three years’ hands on experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably related to Education programs
- Experience with donor managed projects, such as EU, DFID and USAID will be an added advantage
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation on an Education related project
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel)
- Experience in using database and statistical software such as Epi lnfo, SPSS, etc.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Excellent with networking and inter-personal skills
- Basic understanding of humanitarian principles and frameworks
- Self-leadership quality and in some instances, ability to supervise other staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain information integrity and security
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 31st January 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .