Caritas Zambia- a Catholic Agency for Justice, Peace and Integral Human Development is a Zambia Conference of Catholic Bishops (ZCCB) institution and a department of the Catholic Secretariat established under article 36 (7) of the ZCCB Statues1, given the Mandate of supporting the Zambia Conference of Catholic Bishops in its social ministry to promote integral human development in Zambia. It was established to be at the service of two Commissions, namely the Catholic Commission for Justice and Peace (CCJP) and the Catholic Commission for Development (CCD). These Commissions are now restated under article 28, of the ZCCB Statutes.2 And have been combined to from the Catholic Commission for Justice, Peace and Integral Human Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and incorporate a result-based tracking, assessment, and reporting framework, as well as
- comprehensive implementation guidelines for Caritas Zambia, based on the current Strategic Plan.
- Take the lead in performing outcome/impact and assessment research.
- Project planning, management, reporting, and data collection, as well as designing and
- implementing a systematic Monitoring, Evaluation and learning E strategy
- Establishing and improving Caritas Zambia monitoring oversight and evaluation processes.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
KEY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
1 ZCCB Statutes, 2018: Article 36, Establishment of Catholic Secretariat Departments.
2 ZCCB Statutes, 2018: Article 28, Establishment of ZCCB Commissions
1. Developing and implementing a result-based tracking, assessment, and reporting framework, as well as comprehensive implementation guidelines.
- In cooperation with funding partners and Caritas Zambia program staff, develop and incorporate an efficient result-based M&E framework, including methods and techniques, and ensure that M&E systems and procedures are compatible with donor and country program reporting procedures.
- Provide policymakers, donors, government officials, and other stakeholders with evidence of project impact.
- Be self-motivated and accountable for achieving goals; discuss all administrative and management issues with the unit head for programmes for Caritas Zambia.
- Keep track of all project tasks, costs, and progress against the project’s outputs and goals.
- Make recommendations to management for enhancing all project performance and effectiveness by finding bottlenecks in the completion of project activities and devising plans to reduce or remove them;
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports outlining successes and sharing this with Caritas Zambia employees, along with recommendations for further improvement;
- Perform any other duties as assigned and required by management.
2. Conduct research and learning studies
- Serve as a focal point for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
- identifying implementation problems and ensuring successful coordination of component activities for quality assurance and consistency;
- Work within the Organisation Development Programme for Caritas Zambia
- Produce outputs and outcomes as defined by the Caritas Zambia Strategic Plan
- Coordinate, arrange, and promote various analysis/evaluation (performance evaluation, baseline, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, etc.) using both qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Identify research and M&E goals and include them in annual plans for Caritas Zambia;
- Establish ToRs for recruiting consultancy firms.
- Ensure the accuracy of the consulting firm’s research report by providing technical feedback and ensuring the study’s compliance with the respective ToR, and share the results with various stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of the Caritas Zambia Annual plan and budget, as well as the tracking of the overall project work plan and budget;
- Work with Unit Heads to prepare Caritas Zambia quarterly, mid-year and annual reports and also specific donor reports based on current projects.
- Participate in quarterly and annual project reviews and planning workshops for Caritas Zambia;
- Plan and facilitate MEAL trainings, including the production of concept notes, training materials, and a training schedules;
- Facilitate the capacity building of Caritas Zambia staff and stakeholders to perform M&E activities using available framework;
4. Knowledge Management and Learning
- Work with the Knowledge management Specialist to Identify and record success stories, accomplishments, lessons learned, and document recommendations that can be incorporated into larger knowledge management initiatives.
- Collaborate and cooperate with Caritas Zambia network, government agencies, and other organizations on monitoring and assessment issues.
- Looks for and uses expertise, information, and best practices from both inside and outside Caritas.
Management and Leadership
- Demonstrates opennessto change, as well as the ability to handle complexities and multitask under
- Exhibits excellent managerial abilities and results-oriented work ethic.
- Fast thinking and ability to improvise when necessary.
- A self-starter with the potential to function both independently and as part of a team to achieve results.
- Pays attention to the end product and responds favorably to feedback
- Approach work with vigor and an optimistic, constructive mindset on a regular basis.
Required Skills and Experience
- A degree in development studies, international development, demography, statistics, or any related and applicable field, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of overall experience and 5 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, program management, designing and conducting program evaluation (baseline, midterm, final, etc.) using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Experience in planning, monitoring, and reporting;
- Experience in preparing learning briefs
- Experience in data management and analysis
- Experience in managing an electronic database for MEAL
- Leadership experience in MEAL is a plus.
- The ability to work long hours and flexibility is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel up to 40 percent of the time within and outside Zambia.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]