- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose Overall
- Member of the Services/ETP team and reporting into the Services/ETP supervisor:
- To ensure the continuous availability and quality of all activities at the TSF and other dams
- To conduct and assist in all engineering, process and project activities
- To conduct any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- To work together with engineering, processing and project team.
- Mobile equipment operation where and when required within trained equipment
- To keep the site clean
- To do this while keeping people safe, protecting the equipment, and ensuring that no discharges occur to environment.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Wear and maintain PPE.
- Follow KML safety procedures and guidelines.
- Undertake any ad hoc or non-routine requests assigned by the Supervisor.
- Complete operating checks according to instructions given by the Supervisor and deliver to the Supervisor prior to end of each shift.
- Communicate issues in any area specific matters
- Ensure that the area is operating according to procedures.
- Clean up if spillage occurs
Job Specific Competencies
- Assist the Shift Supervisor in his duties and be able to cover his duties when required.
Key Job Attributes
- Strong drive to maximise production and improve the circuit operations.
- Commitment to SHEC performance.
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability for circuit operations.
- Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the timeframe of one shift.
- Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical & equipment information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be diligent and thorough in approach.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- English language fluency.
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, preferably in TSF experience
- At least 1 year of experience in duties of mobile equipment operator
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Trained and certified operator for multiple equipment; Minimum requirement Telehandler, TLB, Tractor, LV, Mobilift, forklift