Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
Job Title: Metallurgical Training Coordinator
This position reports to the Superintendent Learning and Development Administratively and to the Concentrator Manager Professionally.
Core Purpose of the Position
To ensure safety, training, development processes and standards required to support the Metallurgical Plant and Engineering operations optimally and to ensure that the target plant throughput, recovery and concentrate quality are achieved and attained at economic and profitable threshold limits via the availability and application of proficient Metallurgical and Engineering skills, compliance to Plant design parameters and the relevant Key Performance indicators (KPIs) whilst embracing the latest developments in Science and Technology including Training Skills Development at all levels of the Metallurgical and Engineering disciplines.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Develop, plan, conduct and review training materials and assessment criteria for Metallurgical training.
- Develop and update departmental training matrices based on skills gap identified.
- Conduct and organise Training for Plant Operators (Certificates, Permits and Licence’s: Ensure, Pre-test, Post-test, practical assessment, Training report, final assessment report, declarations and certificates are issued).
- Carry out operator training in the following areas, Crushing Plant Operations, Dewatering and Filtration Operations, Flotation Plant Operations, Laboratory Sample Preparation and Analysis, Milling Plant Operations and Tailings Dam Operation.
- Monitor and ensure the standards required for maintaining the Metallurgical plant stability, specifications and operations through identified critical procedures approved including issue-based risk assessments.
- Conduct in house area specific induction programmes (Drowning, Protection, Scaffolding and Fire training).
- Coordination of the SOP and manuals drafting, updating, approvals and rolling down
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree/Diploma in Metallurgy and Mineral Processing from a reputable University
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated practical experience in Metallurgical Production environment
- In depth knowledge of mining regulations
- In depth knowledge of Metallurgical Plants in Concentrator, Tailings storage facilities
- Teaching methodology certificate
- TEVETA accredited trainer an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected] . Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 27th July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected] .