Name of Position
: Market and Labor Survey Coordinator – ZCHPP Market Survey
Term of engagement : one month
Location(s) : Kitwe, Mufulira, Luanshya, Chipata, Kasama, Kapiri Mposhi
While Zambia has demonstrated progress in prevention and treatment of HIV in recent years, infection rates among young people have remained extremely high and, in some places, continue to rise. Priority populations, including adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), are still particularly vulnerable. Around 13% of new HIV infections in Zambia are in AGYW aged 15- 24 years, compared to 7% of their male counterparts, and HIV is their leading cause of death (ZDHS 2014). Structural drivers, both social and economic, fuel the epidemic by negatively impacting AGYW decisions regarding sexual behavior and sexual partners. Economic strengthening for AGYW will ultimately improve income generating options and increase their social assets thus reducing their vulnerability and susceptibility towards transactional sex. In an effort to address the many underlying causes of vulnerability among Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), Avencion will implement the Zambia Community HIV Prevention Program (ZCHPP) market survey across six districts identifying viable business ventures which can be successfully run by AGYW who are just beginning to manage and run business.
The Market and Labor Survey Coordinator will support the District Lead to carry out the ZCHPP market survey in their assigned district
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with civil society, private sector, community based organizations, and learning institutions and coordinate meetings to conduct one-on-one meetings and focus groups
- Assist with the facilitation of focus groups to understand current economic opportunities in the district, social or cultural issues to promote or hinder AGYW, resource constraints, etc.
- Manage schedule/travel arrangements for District Lead and assist in meeting preparation (i.e. document preparation, telephonic communication, coordinate meeting venues, etc.)
- Provide logistical support for market survey activities, including transport for meetings, events such as workshops, lunches, etc.
- Accurately record minutes from meetings
- Assist in management of thought leadership event in district with local business leaders identifying event venue, procurement of stationary and refreshments, engagement with participants, etc.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Project Management or related field
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent communications skills
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiating & networking skills
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building, business and community relations skills
How to Apply: Interested candidates can use this link for application form .
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .