Reference # UASF MGR 001
Contract Type Contract 36 Months
Salary ZMW 7.00 – 9.00 Annually
Location Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Duration 36 Months
The Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA) an equal opportunity employer and ‘Employer of Choice’ is inviting competent, enthused and qualified candidates to apply for the position of Manager Projects who shall be responsible for the planning, designing, overseeing and leading of all Authority projects from commencement through to completion for projects funded by Universal Access and Service Fund (UASF).
Job Functions Engineering
Industries ICT – Information & Communications Technology
- Oversee and manage all aspects of ICT project phases including proactive management of project risks of the Authority.
- Manage major network infrastructure projects including installing new telecom infrastructure/technologies and testing processes from planning through execution.
- Deep insight into developing full scale project plans from beginning to end, placing special focus on design metrics and telecommunication principles clearly understanding (not to detail) of all aspects of technologies involved in a particular telecoms project.
- Plan, program, and document telecommunications requirements and provides telecommunications project management and technical support to Management;
- Work diligently to ensure that project deliverables match timeframe schedules, scope cost dimensions and conduct technical feasibility studies;
- Draft and revise business cases, project plans, statements of works and vendor provided artefacts, highlighting potential issues and dependencies and recommend ways for ensuring success;
- Identifies, designs and recommends appropriate projects to Management for consideration and approval;
- Advises Management on projects to be undertaken providing written justifications and highlighting costs and benefits to the organization;
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress on implemented projects;
- Reviews of all Authority projects from initiation, planning, execution and closing;
- Ensures implementation of approved projects within specified schedule, cost/budget and at the prescribed quality and effectively monitors projects for compliance with contract requirements;
- Alerts Management on emerging risks or any other issues that may derail the successful completion of projects;
- Establishes and manages relationships with all stakeholders that are relevant to projects being undertaken;
- Conduct relevant studies relating to universal access and service projects/programs;
- Regularly review processes and procedures for implementing projects in order to optimize efficiency and effectiveness;
- Creates and maintains a comprehensive project documentation and project-related files;
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and summarize progress of project;
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques;
- Ensure resource availability and allocation;
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Prepares progress reports and other related project reports as required;
- Performs any other function as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration and other related disciplines.
- 5 years’ experience in the telecommunications/ICT sector or industry.
- Knowledge of the ICT sector, laws, regulations, policies and standards.
- Project Management skills and competence to manage a portfolio of ICT projects in a matrix organisation.
- Experience in implementation of infrastructure projects and a qualification in Project Management such as PMP, Prince2 Practitioner will be an added advantage.
- Member of relevant professional body with current practising certificate.
- Exceptional team leadership skills with experience leading in-house team and key stake holders.
- Knowledge of implementing various projects for traceable mobile telecommunications solutions using standard project management methodologies.
- Ability to manage various stakeholders (Regulatory authorities/Customer/Partners/Third parties).
- Demonstrate an understanding and being Custodian of the Authority’s Project Management Methodology and shall be the Project Management Office for all Authority’s projects in line with the Guidelines.
- Deep insight into developing full scale project plans from beginning to end, placing special focus on design metrics and telecommunication principles.
- Hands-on experience in leading the design or/ testing or/ planning and or/implementation of complex telecom projects (Transmission, Controller, Switching, Routing, etc.)
- Experience with implementing Telecoms projects with any MNO/ISP as PM or Project Engineer and key technology Vendors’ equipment Nokia, Ericsson, ZTE, Huawei, Cisco, NEC, etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for liaison with a range of individuals, enterprises, community and statutory agencies.
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational land communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and deliver within given deadlines.
Job Closing Date 29/10/2021
To apply for this job please visit zicta.jb.skillsmapafrica.com .