Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
Location – Country
Location – Province
Location – Town / City
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa works with the world’s most cherished trademark and invests in the most exciting events. Our Office currently has the following opportunity available for a dynamic individual with energy and initiative, keen to impact from the outset. Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia requires the services of a Machine Operator reporting to the Team Leader. The Machine Operator will be required to ensure that operation of the Line is according to work instructions, the execution of destructive and non-destructive quality checks and carrying out of autonomous maintenance. The Operator has a primary focus on the quality control activities of the team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Operating the process area according to the work instructions and adhering to usage standards.
• Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analysis work practice.
• Recording waste on the appropriate documentation or information systems, and reviewing waste trends to
identify and resolving problems or opportunities timeously.
• Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and completing all short interval control documentation.
• Resolving out of control situations
• Responding rapidly to upstream or downstream triggers that result in stoppages. Appropriate problem solving approaches, as detailed in the problem solving work practice must be followed.
• Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 5s principles and following safe work practices.
• Identifying and correcting unsafe work practices
• Carrying out flavour and size changeovers according to the work instructions
• Carrying out deep cleaning, lubrication and inspection of machines according to the work instructions, and following the schedules supplied by the maintenance planner.
• Carrying out autonomous maintenance activities according to the work instructions, and following the maintenance schedule.
• Recording the results of quality checks on the relevant documentation or information system. The references to the required documentation or information system are contained in the quality procedures
• Calibrating required quality control equipment according to work instruction and requesting assistance from the core lab where required
• Conducting trends analysis on quality data to identify problems and opportunities timeously.
• Fully understanding the team goals and participating in team goal review sessions.
• Applying the appropriate situational problem solving techniques (e.g. 5Why, quick fix routines, OPL’s (One Point Lessons) etc.) to identify and correct the problem.
• Where the machine operator is unable to resolve the problem, involve fellow team members or escalate to the team leader or process artisan if necessary.
Skills, Experience & Education
Grade 12, O level with 5 credits or better
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution
3 years’ work experience in engineering support Manufacturing Operations (FMCG)
In depth knowledge in packaging process
Computer literate & good communication skills
Team player & self-starter
To apply for this job please visit ccba.erecruit.co .