Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/Professor in Mineralogy
Jobs at:University of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position in the School of Mines at the University of Zambia:
Job Title: Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/Professor in Mineralogy – 1 Position
• To teach and supervise students;
• To conduct and deliver innovative internationally competitive research;
• To carry out other academic related tasks.
• Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent;
• Bachelor of Mineral Science (Geology);
• Master of Mineral Science/ Master of Science (Mineralogy;
• PhD in related field of study of Mineralogy/ Petrology will be an added advantage;
• Possess a good track record of research in metallic and non-metalliferous mineral deposits;
• Capable of developing new academic programs for the department; attracting research funds and traceable links of international networking and collaborations;
• Ability to conduct supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
• Posses excellent communication, computer and presentation skills; and
• Posses at least three (3) years relevant work experience in a related field of study and research
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable references and contact address/ telephone/e-mail details. The position and School should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Applications to be sent to:
The Registrar University of Zambia
P.O Box 32379 LUSAKA
Closing date: 27 December, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The University of Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.