Knowledge Management Officer
Jobs at:Local Government Association of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
30 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direction of the Executive Director, supervised by the Research Expert, the Knowledge Management Officer will provide knowledge management support to the Association. He/she will be responsible for maintaining a functional advisory desk and knowledge hub for LGAZ. He/she will ensure that ICT equipment stay secure, technology support is available and that updates are made as needed.
• Facilitate the creation of a knowledge management strategy and framework for LGAZ
• Work collaboratively with LGAZ staff to identify, and prioritize types of knowledge products to develop and capture
• Work with the Research Expert in the collation, analysis and development of knowledge products for use by member local authorities and other stakeholders.
• Simplify and distribute knowledge products through relevant platforms
• Establish and maintain processes to ensure knowledge management efforts are informing decision making
• Respond to membership and stakeholders’ requests in a timely manner
• Organize knowledge sharing events
• Work closely with the Information and Advocacy officer to determine how best relevant knowledge and information could be shared with both internal and external stakeholders/audiences including print and electronic media.
• Utilize new communication channels to share knowledge with different audiences
• Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Computer Science or a related discipline. Master’s degree as an added advantage.
• Ability to collect, organize, store, and share relevant information for the benefit members and stakeholders
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills particularly with software applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
• Must be an efficient time manager.
• Must be able to function well in a team environment.
• Must have strong public speaking skills.
• Must be highly detail oriented.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must have good problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must have exceptional networking skills.
• Website management skills including maintenance of Institutional social media presence
• Good information and communication technologies (ICT) skills, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, power Point, Internet, email, website management, maintenance of Institutional social media presence and ability to use a variety of on-line platforms (e.g. Teams, Zoom, etc.).
• A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience preferably in the local government sector or related field.
Location. The Officer will be based in Lusaka
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Written applications with CV’s should be sent via e-mail to the address below by close of business on 30th December 2021.
The Executive Director
Local Government Association of Zambia
E-mail: [email protected] &
cc: [email protected]
Kindly note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
NOTE: Anyone who is looking for a job should not engage in any monetary transactions with any source that promises them an interview or a job offer from an employer