Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority
Reference # 001INSP
Location Lusaka, Zambia
Job Functions Engineering
Industries ICT – Information & Communications Technology
- Review all declarations for importations of electronic communication equipment made in Asycuda World;
- Physically inspect all imports of Electronic Communication Equipment at the ports of entry into Zambia;
- Prevent the importation of noncompliant electronic communication equipment and prohibited equipment at the ports of entry into Zambia;
- Seize all importations of prohibited electronic communication equipment;
- Compile statistical reports for purposes of estimating potential e-waste generation for the country;
- Compilation of the monthly imports revenue report; and
- Sensitize importers, dealers and consignees of electronic communication equipment about type approval regulations.
- At least 1 year of experience in the telecommunications / electronics or electrical engineering industry;
- Minimum qualification being a Degree in Electrical, Telecommunications, or Electronics engineering; and or
- A Diploma in Electronics, Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering, with not less than 5 Years of work experience.
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body
- Conversant with the various types of Electronic Communications Equipment (ECE) and systems;
- Ability to identify the various telecommunication fraud equipment;
- Knowledge of reliability testing and inbuilt obsolescence values of various types of ECE;
- Detailed knowledge of type approval regulations and requirements;
- Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Honesty and integrity.
Job Closing Date 02/12/2021
To apply for this job please visit zicta.jb.skillsmapafrica.com .