Our client in the financial sector seeks an Information Systems Security Officer to monitor the organization’s IT system to look for threats to security, establish protocols for identifying and neutralizing threats, and maintain updated anti-virus software to block threats.
- Assess and mitigate system security risks; determine and analyze security requirements for implementation and testing. Review and continuously monitor implemented security controls.
- Create and maintain security checklists, templates and other tools to aid in the Assessment and Authorization process
- Perform security control assessment using security and privacy control guidance and as per continuous monitoring requirements.
- Perform risk analyses to determine and recommend essential safeguards. Proactively mitigate system vulnerabilities and recommend compensating controls.
- Implement controls to mitigate vulnerabilities and other security recommendations by internal &external auditors.
- Prepare security authorization packages in accordance with the contractual requirements.
- Develop core documents such as System Security Plan,Incident Response Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Plan of Actions and Milestones, Remediation Plans, Configuration Management Plan, etc.
- Maintain Plan of Action and Milestones and support remediation activities
- Conduct independent scans of application, network and database and vulnerability assessment as applicable
- Governance, risk and compliance-Proactively identify, resolve and/or escalate potential security and other relevant risks
To apply for this job please visit www.cvpeopleafrica.com .