Alistair Group is seeking a strong Leader for an asset heavy division , our biggest revenue generator and our largest service line. We are looking for a people leader as well as a problem solver and strategist to run this service and grow our business to double its size in record time.
Are you someone who likes to mentor and develop people? Do you want to do things differently?
If this sounds like you, please have a look at the description below, we’d love to hear from you about your experiences and how you brought innovation, growth to a business .
- Reports to – Head of Transport
- Hours – Monday to Friday with alternate Saturday mornings – that said the business runs 24/7
- Travel – Minimum of 50% into the region.
- Based – Zambia to start with regular travel to Tanzania / Namibia / Mozambique / South Africa.
What you need to have (these are essential for the success of this role):-
- Degree in relevant field
- Leadership qualifications & experience
- Six Sigma / Kaizen / Process Engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years as a senior manager of a transport, freight forwarding or other related technology-driven business
- Successful track record in leading a growing division
Key objectives include:-
- Effectively leading a team across 5 different geographies including 5 Operations Leads, Tracking Lead & Subcontracting Lead
- Identifying and driving opportunities for efficiency improvement throughout the fleets and implementation of cost and process optimization opportunities.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders internally
- Improving financial and operational performance
- Advocating and implementing standard operating procedures; standardizing workflows across the network, directing an aggressive business development and operating plan.
- Acting as a change agent to instill collaboration, communication, vision and problem-solving capabilities throughout the organization.
- Working on delivery performance, asset effectiveness, supply flexibility and availability all the while improving the company’s bottom line results
- Reducing costs, increasing service levels, and achieving operational excellence as a Best in Class organization
Providing the leadership for continued aggressive growth and building the organization to be the best in the industry.
Please share the following details in your application:-
- size of the fleet you have been responsible for and what it comprised of
- size of the workforce you have been responsible for
- what innovations have you brought to the business
To apply for this job please visit www.alistairgroup.com .