Grants and Procurement Manager
Jobs at:Nathan Associates Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nathan is implementing the USAID Revenue for Growth Activity. The Activity aims to help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization (DRM) and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ).
The Revenue for Growth Activity includes a grant fund of $500,000 to engage strategically with government institutions, business associations, civil society, and the media to strengthen the capacity of individual organizations and build broad coalitions able to engage on complex tax issues. Additionally, the Activity is financing a Strategic Tax Transformation Fund that will build the internal capacity and capabilities at the ZRA and the MOF Tax Policy Unit through training and strategic procurements. The Activity will strategically combine these grants and procurements with technical assistance to achieve the Activity’s objectives. The Grants and Procurement Manager will work with the Deputy Chief of Party – Finance and Administration and technical staff to design and implement the grants program.
This position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party – Finance and Administration.
• Work with the Technical Leadership Team to identify opportunities in line with Activity objectives and issue calls for concept notes;
• Draft and follow the provisions of the Grants under Contract Manual and revise the manual as necessary;
• Publicize calls for concepts widely, engaging new or underutilized partners;
• Work with shortlisted applicants to prepare full proposals to lower barriers for local partners that have not worked with USAID;
• Monitor grantees and provide training and coaching, and organize a grantee peer learning network to share lessons learned;
• Assist with monitoring grantees’ performance.
• Manage the grant making process from technical and budget review through to monitoring and conducting performance reviews.
• Conducts periodic reconciliation of grant disbursements.
• Offer technical, administrative and financial advice to recipient(s) and/or clarifications or explanation on policies, procedures and regulations.
• Assure that grant recipients successfully complete the close-out process.
• Manage procurement processes according to USAID and US Government regulations as well as Nathan guidelines.
Qualifications & Skills:
• The ideal candidate for the Grants and Procurement Manager position will hold a University degree in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related topics.
• A minimum of 10 years working experience with a USAID project or other international development organisation is required, with at least 5 of those years managing grants under contract or sub-grants.
• Demonstrated familiarity with key USAID grant mechanisms such as RFA and APS.
• Demonstrated familiarity with USAID/USG procurement processes.
• The jobholder will be a proactive and efficient communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and demonstrate discretion with common sense in discharging assigned responsibilities. Incumbent must recognise the need to consult and seek for help from superiors when in doubt.
• Proven experience in grant systems management as well as grant close out process
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]