Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility mandated to provide quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi, Chambishi and Lufwanyama. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ on a Six months Fixed Term Contract basis suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented experts/professionals to fill the following vacancies:
1.0 Job Purpose
The jobholder will provide expert professional advice and conduct topographic surveys, geotechnical investigations, hydrology, and hydraulic studies, and others as needed, in sufficient detail, to allow the development of preliminary technical designs and costs estimates for all project elements for cost comparisons and economic analyses.
2.0 Job Accountabilities
- Review of all available reports, maps, studies and other information for the study area, including acquiring relevant satellite and other imaging
- Assist with feasibility studies by conducting research to assess challenges and develop solutions
- Conduct field inspections, field exploration and testing programs; and perform site characterizations and evaluate geotechnical hazards
- Assist in the selection of criteria for planning, design, and construction of Water Supply and Sanitation associated infrastructure
- Assess subsurface conditions, including soil and rock properties and geotechnical conditions, including review and interpretation of field maps, field logs, test data, and other field documentation
- Evaluate field and laboratory test data and develop parameters for use in technical analyses
- Prepare technical reports including geotechnical data reports, geotechnical baseline reports, field reports, computation packages, feasibility reports, design and evaluation reports, construction drawings, and specifications
- Provide field engineering support for projects during construction.
- Participate in professional development and training activities
3.0 Qualifications And experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience in geotechnical site investigations, soil, geotechnical and materials testing both in the laboratory and in the field
Method of Application
Interested applicants who are suitably qualified and experienced for the above positions should submit their application letters specifying the position, detailed Curriculum Vitae and the names and addresses of three referees to the address below to:
Director of Human Resources and Administration Services,
Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company,
Off Freedom Way
PO Box 20982,
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.