Vocational Training Center
Seeking qualified applicants who are passionate about Christ, food, and developing the youth of Zambia to pursue a similar path!
LifeSong for Orphans Vocational Training Center, a ministry to the orphaned and vulnerable youth In Kitwe is seeking a Food Production/Culinary trainer, chef, and entrepreneurial minded person to join our team.
A qualified candidate would not only love cooking and baking themselves but have the following attributes, skills, education, and experience:
- He or she would be very serious about their faith and sharing their faith in their work.
- In doing so, they would be one known to be spiritually mature, sober (of mind and behavior, and excited to share their faith.
- They would be honest, trustworthy, respectful, and self-motivated.
- He or she would have experience in and enjoy teaching others about the food industry.
- Both theory and practical instruction would be expected.
- A teaching qualification or certificate in teaching methodology to accompany their culinary education would be ideal.
- Have 5 years of more experience as an chef/cook and have experience in an restaurant atmosphere that caters to expats and internationals.
- Would be known by reputation to be excellent in their field.
- The qualified candidate must be a continual learner, veraciously desiring to know more, and how to be better in their area of expertise. This individual would be expected to use a number of different approaches to not only train students, but create a viable food business at our training center to help sustain the ministry and provide practical trainings for the students.
- The qualified candidate would have a minimum of a bachelors degree in Food Production or similar field of study.
- Cross-cultural education experience would be a bonus.
- Lifesong promotes a continual learning attitude so it is likely the candidate may find themselves attending future trainings or degree programs to stay on the front edge of the food industry.
- LifeSong for Orphans is a global ministry helping the orphaned and vulnerable children world-wide.
- The qualified candidate would find themselves working with expats, researchers, and possibly other NGO’s to share and collaborate on new methodology.
- The food production training program would be expected to encompass many cooking & culinary approaches, thus the need embrace others who have expertise in various areas.
- The candidate, along with the LVTC team of attachment officers would help in networking to secure attachments for students as they graduate from our program.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their CV and cover letter to: