Lafarge Zambia is the leading supplier of building materials and major construction solutions provider in Zambia and the regional market. The Company operates a network of facilities, which includes two integrated cement plants (with a combined capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum) in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and southern Africa.
Lafarge Zambia Plc is a member of LafargeHolcim Group, which is reinventing how the world builds to make it greener and smarter for all. LafargeHolcim is a global leader in recycling waste as a source of energy and raw materials through products like Susteno, its leading circular cement. LafargeHolcim’s 70,000 employees are committed to improving quality of life across more than 70 markets through its four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future. Training and skills development means employees can take control of their own careers; everyone builds their own rich and diversified career portfolio. You hold the keys to your success!
Lafarge Zambia is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individuals to take up the following roles:
Overall Mission of the Role:
Within the framework of the plant’s objectives, to ensure that first level inspections are done in the plant and ensure that process materials are sampled and delivered to the laboratory for analysis in good time.
- Detect possible anomalies observed on the equipment while doing first level inspection in the plant and communicate with the CROs and Production Supervisors.
- Follow an inspection checklist for each equipment during first level inspection in the plant.
- Use the five senses of smell, hear, touch, taste and sight as well as basic detection techniques during field inspections.
- Monitor continuously, all plant process lines using all available tools to ensure employee safety, stable equipment operation, equipment integrity within prescribe design limitations
- Control product quality at all stages of the cement manufacturing process through scheduled sampling in the plant.
- Responsible for house-keeping and safety of the area of operation /premises.
- Inform the CROs and Production Supervisors on the condition of all the plant equipment.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the production in both verbal and written format.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- A Technical College diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of production experience in cement manufacturing
- Ability to calculate figures as per CECIL + Prerequisites
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations-including lock out, tag out, First Aid, CPR, Confined Space, Working at height, material hazard awareness systems Knowledge of Plant environmental regulations, permitting, and compliance
- An understanding of the major and auxiliary equipment used in cement manufacturing including components, inspection and troubleshooting requirements along with general electrical and mechanical aptitude for mechanical and electrical
- Good knowledge of the process is desirable – an understanding of manufacturing theory including air and material flows and control strategies for all major process lines associated with cement manufacturing: Quarry, Raw grinding, Pyro-processing, and Finish grinding operations
- Problem solving methods and tools (Root Cause Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis)
- Understanding of cause and effect relationships
- Independent and Energetic
- Good communication skills including listening skills, the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to analyse problems set operational priorities, implement actions and follow-through to completion
- Ability to multi task and perform under varying degrees of stress
- Must be capable of following strict procedures and instructions while at the same time, able to manage unexpected events
- Ability to resolve personal conflict as well as facilitate group or team conflict resolution
- Ability to act with influence in a group environment with high standards of personal integrity and honesty
- Ability to manage ongoing change in a workplace environment
Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under listed no later than Thursday 10th June 2021 . Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to: [email protected]
Please also note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]