Director of Executive Operations & Board Liaison
Jobs at:Bridges to Prosperity
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Within Zambia , Zambia , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Globally, one in seven people lack safe, year-round access to the services and opportunities in their immediate surroundings due to the lack of transportation infrastructure. We believe isolation-caused poverty is solvable within our lifetime and that trailbridges are the most efficient way to transform rural community economies.
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is a not-for-profit organization with offices in Kigali, Kampala, and Denver Colorado. We build bridges to better lives in rural communities and we envision a world where poverty caused by rural isolation no longer exists.
The Director of Executive Operations works for and reports to the CEO and works closely with the Executive Team to support the effective growth, scale, and operations of the organization, acting as a critical thought partner, collaborator, and organizer to the CEO and the Executive Team.
The Board & Trust Liaison manages Board of Directors and UK Trust operations and all aspects of administrative matters related to the Board/Committees/UK Trust, acts as Board and Trust Liaison, and ensures CEO’s Board and Trust responsibilities are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
A bridge site visit is recommended every quarter.
• Manage and support the workflows, initiatives, day-to-day activities, events, and communications of the CEO in a collaborative and productive manner, ensuring the strategic and best use of executive time and energy. Act as confidant, liaison, and air traffic controller to the CEO, providing analysis, recommendations, and options to the CEO regarding decisions to be made or problems to be solved with internal and external stakeholders.
• Act as proxy, filter, and facilitator for the CEO, dealing with as many issues as possible before they reach the CEO’s desk. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Attend meetings with or on behalf of the CEO and act as a representative when required, assisting with recommendations and tracking of deliverables.
• Provide extensive calendar management across global timezones:
• Manage complex and ever-changing scheduling, both internal and external, utilizing Google Calendar, Doodle, TimeBuddy, and other applicable tools
• Build cadence and schedule all CEO’s internal 1:1
• Send meeting confirmations prior to CEO’s scheduled external meetings
• Outbox follow-up from CEO for all external meetings
• Track unanswered meeting requests until closure
• Coordinate collection of any needed external meeting research/notes and populate to CEO’s calendar notes
• Manage CEO inbox and email communications
• Manage internal and external communications between the CEO and key stakeholders. Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming emails, correspondence, issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Sort CEO’s inbox by category into folder system
• Produce external communication drafts for the CEO that reflect the CEO’s voice, organizational values, and convey ideas in a compelling way
• Ensure that time is blocked on CEO’s calendar for daily email management
• Manage Monthly Memo distribution list, add CEO’s content to Monthly Memo, proofread and copy edit all Monthly Memo content
• Manage Pillars quarterly email
• Coordinate CEO’s domestic and international travel
• Arrange visas, flights, hotel, ground transportation
• Enter travel details on calendars, revise when changes occur
• Research, present, and add to calendar any applicable COVID requirements, continuously review for changes
• Complete pre-travel checklists
• Complete CEO’s monthly expense report for their review before submission to Finance
• Complete ad hoc administrative tasks for CEO as needed
Executive Team Support & Executive Operations Management
• Serve as an adjunct member of the Executive Team, providing operational oversight and facilitating continuity during leadership changes.
• Build Executive Team meeting agendas in partnership with CEO and team, take and distribute minutes (using discretion), capture key decisions and action items, and manage tracking of actions and deliverables.
• Provide extensive calendar management support across global timezones:
• Manage calendaring of recurring internal meetings including: Weekly Executive Team, Monthly Managers Meeting, Quarterly All-Hands, OKR meetings, and Annual Staff Retreat
• Support Executive Team in calendaring of cross-departmental and org-wide meetings as requested
• Partner with Chief of Strategy in OKR process, managing meeting cadence, calendaring, logistics, and materials; enter all annual and quarterly OKRs to GTMHub
• Develop and implement systems and organization processes to facilitate prioritization of deliverables so that the Executive Team are moving forward across areas of responsibility.
• Lead / partner / project manage ET-led initiatives (e.g., Comp Strategy, CEO onboarding, Annual Calendars)
• Support on identified ET-led admin tasks, e.g., annual forms collection
Board and UK Trust Management
• Manage Board of Directors and UK Trust operations, act as Board and Trust Liaison, and ensure CEO’s Board and Trust responsibilities are met.
• Manage all aspects of administrative matters related to the Board and CEO/Interim Director-related committees and the UK Trust, including:
• Develop and calendar annual Board / Trust / Committees meeting schedule
• Provide extensive calendar management across global timezones, managing complex and ever-changing Board / Trust / Committees scheduling, utilizing Google Calendar, Doodle, TimeBuddy, and other applicable tools
• Build and execute workflow for each meeting
• Develop draft agendas and supporting materials and track through to completion and distribution
• Gather, collate, and format meeting materials
• Attend meetings
• Capture minutes and actions
• Distribute minutes and actions
• Track and communicate actions
• Manage meeting logistics (remote and on site)
• Maintain annual Board / Trust / Committee contact lists
• Track attendance, terms, and committee involvement
• Manage individual Board and Trust member Annual Plan process, including scheduling, forms collection, forms storage, and quarterly comms
• Plan and execute annual Board/Trust retreats, domestic and international
• Maintain Board / Trust / Committee files
• Maintain Board / Trust SOPs and annual recurring activities calendar
Event Management, Internal & External
• When given ownership of an event by CEO, manage logistics planning, communications, and execution
Qualifications & Requirements
• A belief that trailbridges and the access they provide can be a transformative international development strategy.
• Senior level organizational administrator with 5+ years of professional experience, including 2+ years working closely with C-suite management.
• Highly resourceful and self-driven, with the ability to self-manage and self-execute.
• Ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence.
• Adept at building and maintaining impactful relationships across multiple levels and functions of an organization with the ability to navigate and provide guidance during seasons of change.
• Critical thinker, exercising good judgment and decision making in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the adaptability required to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and sometimes challenging and complex situations.
• Analytical and process oriented, always looking for ways to build structures and improve organizational systems and processes.
• Ability to exercise high levels of discretion with confidential matters.
• Proficiency with a wide range of technical platforms and tools (e.g., Google Suite, MS Office, online calendaring, virtual meeting platforms, Salesforce, etc.).
This role requires travel with the CEO to attend meetings. Much of the work can be done remotely, but in-person time is required for attending meetings.
This job is not physically demanding, however travel can be (long periods of sitting, walking, etc.). Field visits require the candidate to be able to walk a distance on uneven, sloped ground, etc.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.