Jobs at:Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) is a Statutory Body established under Chapter 154 of the laws of Zambia to provide public service broadcasting services in Zambia.
“To provide Broadcasting Services in order to inform, Educate and Entertain the public”
“To be the preferred Broadcaster”
The Corporation is now seeking highly qualified, self motivated and creative individuals to fill the following positions: Director General, Director Finance, Director Human Resource & Administration and Director Programmes to be based at Head Office in Lusaka.
To provide the strategic direction for ZNBC in the provision of quality radio and television services throughout Zambia by framing the policy and strategy for managing the entire Corporation, determining its direction in terms of development and growth with the mandate given in the Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation Act, Cap 154 of the Laws of Zambia and direction of the Board of Directors, as well as general guidelines, to evolve the necessary policies, philosophy and plans. The job holder shall also be responsible for the generation of commercial value and financial viability for the Corporation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements a long-term strategy and vision for the Corporation that generates satisfactory levels of shareowner value and positive, reciprocal relations with relevant stakeholders.
• Develops and recommends to the Board of ZNBC the Strategic Plan and once approved ensures its implementation.
• • Evaluates ZNBC budget plans including strategies against objectives/policies submitted by subordinates from all Directorates, providing guidance/advice and ensuring that submissions are realistic and attainable thereafter presents the budget to the Board for approval.
• Reviews constantly the corporation's performance against set objectives and plans as given in the Corporation's strategic plan and budgets.
• Ensures that necessary resources are marshaled to finance, equip and run the planned operations and capital projects.
• Promote and strengthen partnerships and networking efforts to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies in the Corporation’s operations.
• Ensures continuous improvement in quality and value of the Corporation's
• radio and television services towards realization of the Corporation's mission and vision.
• • Ensures that ZNBC has an effective management team that actively participates in the development of management and succession planning (including the DG's own position).
• Chairs weekly executive meetings with Directors and Regional Controller, chairs and superintend over procurement committee meetings.
• Prepares and presents to the Board and relevant Government bodies objective periodic reports of the Corporation's affairs/performance and related issues for information and decision making.
• Also attends to important stakeholder queries emanating from Government, the Public and Donors.
• Controls and co-ordinates the activities and functions of the Corporation in enhancing efficiency and effectiveness thereby ensuring that the
• Corporation's assets are protected, fully utilised and well maintained.
• • Supervises subordinates, and agrees, monitors and reviews their performance to ensure that they meet their agreed objectives/targets.
• Exercises the powers and duties generally exercised by a Chief Executive Officer as delegated and undertakes any other duties as may be assigned to him by the Board of Directors.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
• First Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Mass Communication or related field.
• Post Graduate Masters qualifications such as MBA.
• Minimum of 10 years experience at senior management level.
• Must be in good standing with relevant professional body (where applicable).
• Good strategic and business planning skills.
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Excellent communication skills, as the job holder has to interact at the highest level with major stakeholders.
• Good management and leadership skills.
• Able to galvanize the entire Corporation into achieving results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Zambian Nationals meeting the above requirements should apply giving two traceable work and professional references, enclosing photocopies of certified academic and professional certificates, latest resume and a contact phone number to:
The Board Chairperson ZNBC Board of Directors P O Box 50015
Mass Media Complex
All applicants will be appreciated for interest shown to join the Corporation but only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Closing date for receipt of application letters is Tuesday, 7th June, 2022 at 17.00 hours