Name of Position
: Data Analyst – ZCHPP Market Survey
Term of engagement : one month
Location(s) : Kitwe, Mufulira, Luanshya, Kapiri Mposhi, Chipata and Kasama
While Zambia has demonstrated progress in prevention and treatment of HIV in recent years, infection rates among young people have remained extremely high and, in some places, continue to rise. Priority populations, including adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), are still particularly vulnerable. Around 13% of new HIV infections in Zambia are in AGYW aged 15- 24 years, compared to 7% of their male counterparts, and HIV is their leading cause of death (ZDHS 2014). Structural drivers, both social and economic, fuel the epidemic by negatively impacting AGYW decisions regarding sexual behavior and sexual partners. Economic strengthening for AGYW will ultimately improve income generating options and increase their social assets thus reducing their vulnerability and susceptibility towards transactional sex. In an effort to address the many underlying causes of vulnerability among Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), Avencion will implement the Zambia Community HIV Prevention Program (ZCHPP) market survey across six districts identifying viable business ventures which can be successfully run by AGYW who are just beginning to manage and run business.
The Data Analyst will support the Market and Labor Survey (MLS) Team to carry out the ZCHPP market survey in their assigned district
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Design and maintain database
- Engage youth organizations and conduct surveys/facilitate focus groups with adolescent girls and young women to understand current economic opportunities, barriers to economic opportunities, social and cultural factors to penetrating industries, etc.
- Work with a team of analysts and other associates to process information
- Engage local businesses and conduct surveys to understand business environment, competition, consumer behavior, challenges to market entry, etc.
- Support MLS team to organize thought leadership events in assigned districts, identifying successful business models, gaps for suppliers, emerging industries, government support for local industries and infrastructure investment, micro-franchise opportunities, major employers and supply chains, identification of barriers within assigned district
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in statistics, economics, computer science, computer application or related field
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., Stata, SPSS) is a plus
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to quality assurance and troubleshoot data
How to Apply: Interested candidates can use this link for application form .
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .