Locations: Lusaka, Lusaka Province Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20212017
- Manages and analyzes risks associated with credit, country, portfolio and market in the given geography. Oversees credit exposures within the portfolio, including stress testing and early problem recognition.
- Analyzes risk in terms of its potential impact on the capital and P&L relevant to the business unit. Suggests alternatives to improve Citi’s position/approach.
- Engages and partners with key contacts regionally and/or globally to ensure successful implementation. Identifies potential mitigants of risk in particular situations or transactions.
- Anticipates client needs (internal and external) and proactively generates ideas to deliver innovative solutions and improve Citi’s competitiveness. Ensures that escalated client issues are resolved with urgency.
- Builds a comprehensive understanding of the local market, key clients, local market conditions and the capabilities and practices of our competitors
- Creates and sustains a network of close partnerships with the business (relationship and product management) and other risk functions, particularly decision makers and influencers
- Builds partnerships across functions/regions; collaborates with others to identify problems, provide solutions, and reach agreements.. Influences decisions that have impact on company revenues and assets.
- Supervises and manages fiduciary, disclosure, legal/regulatory documentation as appropriate.
- Builds awareness around regulatory matters and/or highlighting potential regulatory issues.
- Manages control structure through effective use of the Manager’s Control Assessment.
- Links and measures impact of compliance and regulatory changes to portfolio and processes.
- Reviews operational risk events and operational losses, trends, to ensure implementation of corrective and preventive actions, tracking of RCSA and Audit CAPs, proactive support to the branches for preparation for audits and interfacing with Audit during the reviews.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- CPA or CFA
- Highly motivated, team oriented, and organized. Excellent communication skills. Able to understand statistical methodologies to assess and measure risk. Able to understand and articulate internal and external data and analysis from a practical perspective. Firm knowledge and understanding of credit criteria, policies and procedures, risk and financial analysis, credit control and the application thereof. Familiar with Key Risk Indicators that are relevant to the areas covered; understands how they are collected. Proficient in stress testing impact of risk on portfolio value and capital required to support the business. Report writing skills together with business analysis. Proficient analytical skills that are applicable across different industries, products and customer classes Sound understanding of all existing and/or potential industry sectors where there are/could be lending exposures and display principles of good lending. Attention to details, technical expertise. Thorough knowledge of industry, products and services, tools and associated risks Good understanding of the industry, direct competitors’ products and services, is Comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations. Good Execution skills.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Risk Management ————————————————-
Country Risk ——————————————————
Full time ——————————————————
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.citi.com .