About the job
Location – Zambia
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About The Country Operations And Partnerships Manager Role
We are looking for driven, passionate and committed individuals to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
As the Country Operations and Partnerships Manager, you will primarily be responsible for partnerships and collaborations, innovation, driving operational efficiency, implementing brand strategies, leading the team and driving dynamic growth. The role will also cover business expansion and strategically position Flutterwave as the dominant payment provider in Zambia.
What Your Day To Day Activities Will Be Like
Business growth and acquisition
- Develop and implement expansion and acquisition strategies aimed at achieving Flutterwave’s expansion and growth strategy in Zambia
- Foster strategic, mutually beneficial business relationships with key partners, predominantly including but not limited to Financial Institutions, Central Banks, Government regulators and other key industry stakeholders
- Identify and manage new business opportunities and take accountability for project evaluations
Compliance and regulatory matters
- Oversee and secure all necessary regulatory licenses, permits and approvals required for the designated entity
- Foster strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the regulatory environment ensuring optimal value is derived from these relationships
Partnerships and collaboration
- Develop and maintain key partnerships and collaborations in Zambia in line with Flutterwave’s overall partnership development strategy
- Actively negotiate and oversee all legal agreements and documentation and acting in the best interest of Flutterwave
- Oversee the development of the Partnership teams with particular focus on identifying, initiating and maintaining key relationships
- Develop a trackable pipeline of potential partnership opportunities with deliberate focus on conversion in line with agreed timelines
- Ensure all business processes and procedures run smoothly leading to optimal productivity and output across all teams
- Lead all business planning and budgeting processes ensuring interdepartmental coordination and strategic mapping of Flutterwave’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the recruitment and onboarding of in-country resources in line with approved manpower plans and budgets
- Guide, advise, mentor and coach junior staff and peers to develop and broaden their scope of skills, including providing on the job learning opportunities
Required Competency And Skillset To Be a Waver
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the Financial services industry
- Expertise in payments, financial services and / or local payment method
- A proven track-record of leading companies and/or teams and meeting operational and strategic targets
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership capability
- Exceptional people management skills; ability to foster right behavior in others through leading by example
- Entrepreneurial mindset, making presentations, writing proposals, signing contracts, developing partnerships
- Interested in shaping the future of payments, focusing on unmet needs.
- Ability to work in a multinational, multidisciplinary, and fast-growing environment.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the organization
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Autonomy, creativity, ability for do complex analysis
- Willing to work from home and travel across the assigned country
- Experience of working in an agile environment, where you have responded quickly to changing business needs
- Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture
- Fluent in English
- Authorization to work in Zambia without sponsorship
Please click the Apply Now button above to get started
Need Help? we are happy to support
Contact us at: [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit careers.flutterwave.com .