At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- As a key member of the Flotation team and reporting into the Shift Supervisor Flotation, the Control Room Operator Flotation is accountable to oversee the process control of all flotation operations utilizing a PCS 7/Siemens plant management system focusing on achieving consistent and maximized production.;
- Span of control includes all tanks, flotation cells, pumps and reagent dosing systems;
- The role has a focus on minute-hourly basis.
Specific Job Responsibility
- The role has process control accountability from the flotation feed surge tanks, all flotation cells, pump and reagent dosing systems;
- Maintain safety of self, field operators and others in Flotation area through strict compliance to HSE standards, procedures and instructions;
- Continually push for increased safe production whilst maintaining plant integrity with zero spills and/or equipment damage;
- Execute real-time monitoring and control to deliver and exceed the KPI’s of flotation recovery, concentrate quality, Expert Control system utilisation and critical control loops in desired modes;
- Perform regular loop through all pertinent and relevant graphics on PCS 7/Siemens to assess compliance of available information to normal operating ranges and behaviour, and troubleshoot, report, regulate and assist in resolution of any non-compliance;
- Ensure that shutdown and start-up procedures in all areas of control are executed safely and promptly;
- Operate the equipment according to the procedures given in the operating strategies and instructions;
Key Job Attributes
- Commitment to SHEC performance;
- Superior motivation and initiative;
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in manner;
- Strong drive and sense of ownership and accountability;
- Strong drive to maximise production and improve the circuit operations.
- Possess sound operational understanding of mechanical, instrumentation, electrical and chemical processes;
- Ability to maintain high standards of control operations without direct supervision;
- Ability to strongly influence people, efficiently coordinate and assign work to a field operating team to deliver outcomes;
- Ability to coordinate and monitor several processes simultaneously without disrupting the normal flow of information;
- Possess good analytical skills to troubleshoot and problem-solve;
- Possess demonstrable aptitude for process control and computer systems;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Be diligent and thorough in approach;
- Ability to maintain discipline in stressful environments;
- English language fluency.
Experience required to perform in this job
- Training and working knowledge of plant control software (SCADA), specifically PCS 7 and/or Siemens WinCC control systems;
- Database and Computer competency (PI Process Book and MS Office) highly regarded;
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience as an operator in a flotation circuit;
- Strong preference for copper concentrator background;
- 6 months as a field operator in the Sentinel Flotation section well regarded.
- A Trade/Crafts certificate or its Equivalent
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .