Communications Officer – Programs
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The USAID Open Doors Communications Officer will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party to identify and coordinate communications needs of the project.
He/She will support technical staff in designing and managing project events, partner engagement and networking, documenting success stories and selecting project success stories for publishing. The incumbent will develop innovations to effectively communicate the project’s performance internally and to the external world.
Duties and responsibilities
• Coordinate and maintain communication strategies for internal and external use in line with FHI360 and USAID policies and guidelines
• Develop and maintain a communication resource tool for compiling and cataloguing of project’s communication tools and documents
• Update and maintain a training data base for the life of project
• Develop and maintain database of project’s partners and Community Resource Partner networks
• Organise and facilitate end of project sharing and dissemination events in collaboration with DCOP and technical staff
• Produce monthly project newsletter on topical issues and project achievements for sharing with partners
• Review and finalise project success stories and lessons learnt
• Conduct client interviews to obtain relevant information and facts for stories and newsletter
• Organise and facilitate learning sessions for project staff to improve communication skills of staff and partner organisations
• Provide rapporteur services for the project events and partner meetings
• Coordinate review of project reports and upload final versions on SharePoint
• Regularly review and update USAID Open Doors project documents and information on FHI360 website (The vine)
• Provide leadership to implementing partners on use of social media channels to support outreach activities
• Perform any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
• Work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish set goals
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Experience in communication for development in various settings including NGO environment
• Experience in working on programs funded by US government or other international NGOs
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political, legal and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS.
• A team player
• Able to work in cross-cultural settings.
Qualifications and requirements
• Degree in Mass Communication, Graphic Design and other related fields. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
• Knowledge and experience in developing, editing and formatting documents
• Proven experience in documenting project achievements and publications
• At least 3 years’ experience in conducting similar assignments
• Excellent writing and document review skills
• Excellent knowledge and skill working with various document design and formatting
• programs including Publisher.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply.