Deadline of this Job:
04 November 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Extensive involvement in the day-to-day operation of tailings storage facilities which includes tasks such as: slope stability analysis, slope optimization, site inspections, monitoring and deposition modelling.
Risk reduction and management – admin control etc. around the TSF specific
Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
Ensure all monitoring and surveillance equipment is in good working condition
Analyze monitoring data and produce reports
Design, prepare and/or review drawings and plans, specifications and cost estimates for civil works.
Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce
Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
The ability to think methodically and to manage projects
Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
Complete knowledge of relevant legislation.
Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
Ability to produce clear technical reports.
Must have problem-solving skills
• Must have excellent organization and managerial skills and a methodical approach to work
• Must have ability to think methodically and to manage projects
• Must have the ability to work to deadlines and within budget
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent supervisory and leadership skills
• Must be able to work witho
10 Years of Experience
• A minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12) Certificate
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
Specialization in hydraulic and geotechnical engineering components related to Tailing’s Storage Facilities.
• 10 years’ Experience in numerous complex mining projects and implementation and coordination of the alignment to the newly published “Global Industry Standards on Tailings Management” (ICMM, 2020), of
• which 5 years should be n design specification of civil engineering works
• Specialized focus on tailings dam breach analysis.
• Wide range of experience in hydrological design projects including hydrology, storm water management and the design of associated infrastructure, erosion protection design and flood line delineation.
• Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD,Civil 3D or similar
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure