- Company: World Vision
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Citizen Voice and Action Coordinator-Northern Region
Reporting to: Associate Director- Advocacy Reports and Campaigns
Purpose of the Position:.
To manage the Social Accountability processes which empowers citizens’ especially the most vulnerable and excluded communities, children and women, through an inclusive social mobilization approach. In particular, it has phases of enabling citizens, monitoring performance and interface /action planning and implementation. The position will familiarize with the World Vision Zambia approach and tools for implementation of Citizen Voice and Action Model of Social Accountability. The holder of the position will provide Technical Support in the operationalization of the national advocacy strategy, as well as supporting its integration into other Technical Programmes.
- Provide support in building capacity in the CVA model of partners, World Vision Zambia technical program staff and other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of Citizen Voice and Action activities in all Technical Programs.
- Lead integration of Citizen Voice and Action into other sector’s technical approaches and programmes
- In collaboration with the Technical and Advocacy team, generate and collate evidence from the local level through scorecards and interpret it to influence policy by holding one interface meeting/public dialogue per quarter
- Develop Partnership agreements/Memorandum of Understandings with relevant institutes for collaborative interventions, as per need
- Liaise and coordinate with government and other key stakeholders to build rapport, working relationship, information exchange in order to mobilize their support and collaborative actions around Child Well Being Outcomes
- Lead in developing Technical briefs on the impact of Citizen Voice and Action on communities and children
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Human Rights, Law, Public Policy, Social Work, Policy Formulation and Analysis, Community Development or any related field.
- Master Degree in any related field would be an added advantage
- Experience with donor-funded and community projects is preferable.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Proven experience in supporting Social Accountability models and supporting communities to advocate for improved services.
- Facilitation, networking and negotiation skills are highly desired
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related field
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 14 December 2021 . Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!