World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Child Protection Technical Specialist
Reporting to: Technical Programme Manager, Child Protection and Safeguarding
Purpose of the Position:
The job holder will provide technical supporting in the delivery of World Vision Zambia ’s strategy to end violence against children and support the overall child protection programming portfolio, ensuring compliance with donor requirement, World Vision’s Global Child Protection Sector Approach(es) and the organization’s design, monitoring and evaluation cycles, as well as providing technical support in creating an environment that promotes safeguarding and protection of beneficiaries. Her/his role is to ensure that all child protection and safeguarding interventions are of a high technical quality in order to achieve the desired outcomes for the most vulnerable girls, boys and adult beneficiaries in Zambia.
- Provide support in sourcing for adequate funding for child protection programs by providing technical input into the development of proposals and Child Protection programme designs for grant acquisition and other funding sources.
- Ensure program planning, monitoring, and capacity strengthening for effective legal system and improved spiritual nurturing of children.
- Develop quality interventions in Child Protection programming
- Function as the primary capacity building and support specialist within the National office for AP’s for all Child Protection and Safeguarding processes.
- Develop and support capacity building plans of staff and implementing partners working with children and beneficiaries
- Lead integration of child protection into other sector’s technical approaches and programmes.
- Set and enforce Child Protection standards to be adhered to by implementing staff and all partners.
- Provide technical support for the assessment of competencies of Child Protection implementing staff at all levels and support the development of appropriate professional development plans.
- Lead knowledge management for Child Protection & Participation by developing a process for capturing, sharing, and learning from programme progress and utilisation of evidence to improve programme implementation, strategy revision, Child Protection policy review and external publications.
- Promote the development of innovations in child protection building on learning’s and evidence of good practice and informed by the unique challenges and needs of the context.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Human Rights, Law, Public Policy, Social Work, Policy Formulation and Analysis, Community Development or any related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in related field.
- Experience with donor-funded and community projects is preferable.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 24th October 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .