Our client is a Purpose Built Student Accommodation developer and operator providing clean, decent, and affordable living environments focused on students in tertiary education. Our residences provide additional amenities such as cafeterias, mini-mart, saloons and other value-adding services. They are expanding the business into 2 additional African countries in 2021 are recruiting for the following role; Job Title: Chief Financial Officer – Zambia [CFO-Z] Location: Zambia
We are looking to recruit an individual that will be directly responsible for:
• Business Development
• Development Management
The CFO-Z will work closely with the various functions in the business and will report directly to the Founder/CEO.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in economics, accounting and finance, real estate development, financial management, management accounting or similar courses of study from a reputable university. An MBA or similar Master’s degree would be desirable.
• Previous experience as a general manager. At least 6 years’ proven work experience with at least 4 years in the capacity of Manager in a corporate environment to include real estate, hospitality, construction, retail or facilities management.
• Membership/qualification from the relevant professional body will be an added advantage Qualities/competencies required:
• Superior project management skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with a keen eye for detail.
• Enthusiastic attitude driven by personal integrity.
• Team leader with the ability to influence and motivate the team positively.
• Can-do attitude.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and proactive in approach to work.
• Proven people skills. Personable and approachable in relating with colleagues, investors, service providers, and other stakeholders of the business
• Working knowledge of MS Excel and other Accounting/Financial management software such as SAGE. • Financial modeling (An added advantage) Responsibilities:
• Accounting- Oversee all company accounts and investments. Ensure that all accounting activities are documented as required. Overall responsibility for cash management functions to include accounts payable and receivables, cash disbursements, payroll, and bank reconciliation functions
• Business Development – Responsible for developing relationships with new counterparties and obtaining build operate (BOT) and transfer concessions as well as other development types
• Financial reporting – Create and update financial reports for the business and its various developments. Make recommendations to management in the area of budget management, forecasting, and identifying areas of potential risk. Reports include management accounts, cash flow reports, financial statistics/analysis for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strategy – Recommend and adopt improvements to accounting processes and procedures to include payroll/procurement/invoicing etc.
• Documentation – Ensure the appropriate filing/record-keeping processes are in place and enforced throughout the department.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .