Assistant Market and Risk Manager
Jobs at:Absa Group Limited
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide specialist advice and support in area of specialisation enabling the effective implementation of risk frameworks.
Market Risk Oversight and Reporting
(a) Risk identification
• Ensure that all exposures to relevant risks are identified and captured in daily risk reports
• Ensure that all risks are identified when conducting risk assessments for new product Approvals and complex trades.
(b) Risk measurement
• Running and timely submission of daily exposure reports, ensuring that reports are
• robust and efficient and numbers are correct and complete and that risks are measured
• In accordance with agreed standards.
• Participate in review of risk metrics as and when required.
• Implement improvements to existing processes as may be required.
(c) Risk control
• Adhere to policies and standards, as per the market risk framework.
• Participate in market risk limit review at least once a year, but as often as required.
• Investigate PV and completeness reconciliations and resolve exceptions on a daily basis.
• Investigate and resolve back-testing exceptions daily.
• Sign off on VaR, capital and other risk metrics daily.
• Implement new controls as may be required by regulations, the Group, relevant
Projects or other stakeholders.
(d) Risk reporting/ monitoring
• Report on and monitor exposures against predefined limits on a daily basis.
• Ensure that limit breaches are escalated according to policy and that management is
• Provided with all information that is needed to make decisions.
• Reports must be accompanied by commentary that is relevant to the business and
• highlights key risks and changes in risk
• Provide inputs for daily, weekly, monthly and other / ad hoc reports; this includes both Quantitative and qualitative input.
• Develop reports for new businesses.
(e) Risk management
• Provide advice and expertise to assist business in optimising risk profiles.
(f) Market Risk Analysis
• Develop and maintain familiarity with key positions held and market risk issues faced by the relevant trading desk(s)
• Provide meaningful and value-add analysis. This will be used to inform management
Actions and/or discussions.
• Build an understanding of capital requirements and the drivers thereof to provide Business with insight to make trading / hedging decisions.
• Perform any ad hoc analysis requested by management or business
(g) Effective origination, execution and monitoring of deals
• Participate in new product / business developments, significant change processes and complex trade reviews by performing risk assessment
(h) Effective stakeholder relationship management
• Continually interact with Front Office staff to discuss risk profile and key risks
• Build strong internal (Market Risk) and external (Front Office and other Infrastructure areas) relationships, to build synergies and efficiencies
• Manage business needs and expectations
2. Funding Risk Management
Liquidity Risk Management
• Create and maintain the Key Risk Control Framework: and Policy and recommend to ALCO and Board Approved Committee for approval. Set out the functional responsibilities for management of the Liquidity Risk.
• Review and agree the Liquidity Risk Standards.
• Review and recommend LRA to the ALCO and Board for approval
• Review and challenge/agree limits framework, notification triggers and escalation procedures.
• Monitor, Review and challenge/agree the liquidity risk metrics, ILSM, management actions, internal and regulatory limits framework, including individual limits, EWI, breaches and corresponding reporting requirements.
• Review and challenge/agree key model assumptions in ILSM and stress test assumptions.
• Review and challenge Funding Plans.
• Review and challenge/agree the Contingency Funding Plan, recovery options and EWIs.
• Review RCSA, attestations, audit findings etc. and management actions.
Capital Risk Management
• Create and maintain the Capital Risk Framework and Capital Risk Policy and recommend to ALCO and Board for approval.
• Review and agree Standards.
• Review, challenge and recommend Capital Risk Appetite to the ALCO and Board Approved Committee.
• Monitor and review for compliance with local regulatory capital and reserve requirements and management action effectiveness, internal capital and leverage ratio targets deviations and management actions.
• Review and challenge capital plan, capital adequacy forecasts, underlying assumptions and changes to assumptions and forecasts.
• Review and agree stressed capital plan including assumptions and basis of preparation.
• Review and challenge/agree internal capital limits and EWIs, including re-allocation, reductions, increases and breaches.
• Review and challenge/agree capital actions to the ALCO and Board for approval.
• Review and challenge/agree the recovery plan and recommend plan to CRO/ALCO.
• Carry out conformance reviews. Review RCSA, attestations, significant audit finding, significant operational or conduct issues and management actions.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.