Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
29 December 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
To carry out workshop, PCR rigging related functions and Maintenance / Breakdown support services to the Sentinel mine site. This will be done in such a manner so as to achieve cost savings, continuous improvement initiatives, and utilization of synergies throughout the area. This role will carry out the activities of the RTWS and open pit to ensure the application of appropriate levels of safety and productivity are maintained in order to meet safety, cost and productivity targets.
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
• To assist the crane operator to lift various loads or material that is required to be moved or lifted without causing any damage to it.
• To take charge of materials movement and bears the responsibility during such lifting operations.
• Responsible for scheduled maintenance and statutory inspections on all rigging gears, Mobile / Overhead cranes, Winch ropes, and other related equipment
• To assist during load testing / Compliance of cranes and other lifting equipment.
• Able to estimate load tonnages to ensure that proper rated crane capacities or equipment are suitably selected before any attempt to lift such load is made.
• Expected to perform any other reasonable tasks as given by the supervisor.
• Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an on-going basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
• To perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
• Must have 1-3 years of working with cranes or heavy lift experience;
• Must be proficient with basic computer skills;
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Must have proficient oral and written communication skills;
• Possess a minimum of a high school Certificate or equivalent
• Must have Grade 12 Certificate
• Craft Certificate Rigging / Trade Test Certificate Level
• Computer Literate
Job Specific Competencies
• Must be up to date, and willing to comply with all SHE standards
• Familiar with all necessary safety equipment
• Able to assess each load and select proper equipment for the job
• Solid working knowledge of all rigging equipment
• Able to inspect rigging equipment to ensure it is in good working order
• Experienced with crane set up / assembly and disassembly
• Solid math skills for calculating load requirements
• Physically capable of working in demanding conditions
• Able to sit, stand, bend, work on your feet and lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Excellent vision and hearing capability
• Not afraid of heights or climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.
• Good English communication skills
Key Job Attributes
• Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
• Possesses good organizational skills
• Good oriented person
• Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
• Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
• Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
• Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
• Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
• Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
• The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
• Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
• Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.