Analyst I, IT Support, GSS
Jobs at:ChildFund International
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: IT Support Analyst I
Div/Dept: Information Technology
Location: Zambia Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Manager, GSS IT Africa/Asia
Responsible for all areas of computer system administration and management of Windows desktop environments for ChildFund’s desktop infrastructure, including responsibility for installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, technical support, security updates, and resolving customer related software and hardware problems in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent is also responsible for diagnosing and/or resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents via trouble tickets; escalating problems to management as appropriate; overseeing Help Desk activities; and configuring devices and software applications following established procedures. Provides account management support, client connectivity support and client application support for supported devices; and remains current with changing Information Technologies.
• Provides desktop support to end-users, responding in timely manner to user request for assistance, installation;
• Coordinates hardware / software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed with as little disruption to staff as possible;
• Participates in new software testing and deployment as needed;
• Maintains PC inventory and replacement schedules;
• Maintains patches and antivirus for end users’ systems;
• Ensures resolution with equipment and software technical issues;
• Participates in educational opportunities to maintain relevance in the field of Information Technology;
• Participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years working experience in desktop support;
• Conversant with working in a Microsoft Windows environment; Windows XP\7\8\10, Microsoft Office, Crystal reports, Oracle, WSUS, Acronis;
• Self-starter with desire and ability to learn new skills;
• Good communications skills, technical aptitude, detail oriented;
• Customer service focus;
• Ability to work unsupervised and a high degree of dependability required;
• Ability to work well with colleagues as a team member.
• Experience with Apple devices a plus
• Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related discipline. Equivalent relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Microsoft and Cisco preferred
• CompTIA A+ preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.