Airtel Money – IT Project Manager
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Airtel Money – IT Project Manager
Department : Airtel Mobile Commerce
Vacancy : Airtel Money – IT Project Manager
Level : Senior Manager
Location : Lusaka, Hq
To own and drive the successful execution and delivery of all Airtel Money project implementations through financial and resource management. To ensure project results contribute positive business value and agreed-upon scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives are met.
Core Responsibilities Are To:
• Manage and drive execution and delivery of all Airtel Money projects.
• Manage project communication, planning and development.
• Manage internal and external stakeholders by preparing and executing Airtel Money project plan requirements to ensure achievement of desired outcomes.
• Manage the business planning aspect of the Airtel Money projects by putting in place tools to ensure that the business achieves the desired or better outcomes.
• Monitoring and evaluation of Airtel Money projects.
• Timely execution of Airtel Money projects.
Skills And Knowledge
• Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills • Bachelor’s degree in computer science information technology, Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent, required.
• Minimum 3 years of previous project management experience managing integrated Mobile Commerce B2B/B2C projects.
• Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred.
• Relevant Experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting for telecommunications industry or banking services with exposure to negotiations with regulators or banking institutions.
• Deep knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
• Solid understanding of the technical aspects of online applications, web development, Mobile Money development frameworks and tool sets.
• Industry experience or knowledge in the Zambian Mobile Consumer Products Industry with an understanding of Mobile Commerce and digital payment system success factors is highly desirable.
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
• Problem solving and analytical skills, result oriented.
• Able to work within and manage a team of professionals, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
• Strong ethics.
• Networking ability – Internal & External.
• A self-starter with strong business judgment who can initiate action and follow through with well-defined solutions and action plans.
• Ability to flex leadership style to accommodate a wide variety of team member styles and leverage team diversity.
• The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients at all levels of the organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 10 January 2022.
Airtel Mobile Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.