8 Engineers (Graduate)
Jobs at:Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (LWSC)
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Mission of Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province using commercially and environmentally sustainable strategies. In order to achieve this, the Company must have a human capital currency comprised of dynamic and energetic staff who are performance driven and who possess the requisite competencies to deliver on expected targets. As part of our efforts to achieve this, the Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for Three vacant positions of Engineer, on a permanent and pensionable contract basis.
The job-holder reports to the assigned Manager and is responsible for planning and coordinating Engineering activities as well monitoring and supervision of any works to ensure efficient and effective water supply service delivery whilst ensuring that gender and social inclusion issues are considered, and that the water distribution and sanitation systems and maintenance regimes of the infrastructure for the designated area are upheld.
Key responsibilities may include any of the following:
1. Preparing annual preventive maintenance schedules for water infrastructure to enhance service delivery operations.
2. Carrying out investigations and analyses for new water and sewer connection applications to establish possible allocation of service and ensuring that they are processed within the stipulated time.
3. Implementing approved activities that enhance reduction of Non-Revenue Water whilst considering the gender and social inclusion issues that may have a bearing on Non-Revenue Water.
4. Coordinating meter management and installations in order to accurately quantify the water supplied and consumed by customers.
5. Planning and designing water supply and sanitation and other support infrastructure in line with the company’s development plan.
6. Preparing detailed drawings for proposed and completed projects.
7. Amending working drawings to suit as-built drawings upon completion of all in-house construction projects.
8. Designing and preparing final engineering working drawings in accordance with Engineering Standards and agreed targets for proposed and existing infrastructure development and rehabilitation projects.
9. Carrying out frequent site inspections during project implementation to ensure compliance to design drawings and bill items.
10. Preparing and quantifying detailed chronological lists of project activities and estimating the costs for implementing all in-house construction projects.
11. Ensuring that contractors have displayed program of works including all critical working drawings, constantly monitoring project cost, quality and time, and that they have adequate levels of staff deployed, and plant and equipment on site for speedy implementation of works.
12. Ensuring adherence to contract provisions by contractors and consultants.
13. Swift and timely identification of probable risk issues in your area of operation, and ensuring that these are attended to or escalated as required.
14. Timely preparation and submission of comprehensive technical reports on performance and highlighting any gender and social inclusion issues where applicable on a monthly and quarterly basis, or as required.
Qualifications and Experience
1. School Certificate or General Certificate Education
2. Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering (fresh graduates). Applicant must have graduated within the last three years and obtained a Credit or higher result. No work experience is required
3. Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
4. Appreciation of hazard management, risk assessment, and safety standards
5. Advanced knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft packages
6. Willingness and drive to learn and quickly implement new knowledge
• Possess a high level of broad problem solving and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure
• Innovation and proactive thinking ability
• Good critical and reactive thinking skills.
• Good communication skills
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or be emailed to [email protected] not later than Friday 20th May 2022.
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company limited,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
P.O BOX 50198