6 District Coordinators
Jobs at:Media Network on Child Rights and Development (MNCRD)
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Zambia , Choma, Kasama, Livingstone, Mongu, Nchelenge and Shang’ombo , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Media Network on Child Rights and Development (MNCRD) is a vibrant, membership driven, media association dedicated to sensitizing and equipping the media and children to cover child rights and development issues. It works with government, civil society, cooperating partners, children and journalists to ensure that the voices of children and their issues are captured in the media to achieve policy change and implementation. Our vision is a society where children’s rights are understood, prioritized and enforced.
MNCRD wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: District Coordinators – (x6 positions)
Duty Stations: Choma, Kasama, Livingstone, Mongu, Nchelenge and Shang’ombo Districts
The District Coordinators will be responsible for direct program implementation of the Inclusive Participation in Planning, Implementation and Monitoring of Children’s Rights in Zambia Program, anchored on integrating Child Rights Governance themes of Good Governance Delivering Children’s rights, Public Investment in Children and Monitoring and Demanding Child Rights with the other thematic areas to ensure children benefit from an improved and sustainable programs aimed at protecting and promoting child rights. S/he will on ensure that implementation occurs at field office level and with partners at district level. The District Coordinators, will work closely with the MNCRD programs team at district level leveraging on strategic local partnerships with local and national government, traditional, religious, civil society, media among others. .
The Coordinators will be reporting to the Programs Officer and Finance Officer.
Key Areas of Accountability:
• Implement work plans at community and district level;
• Provide consistent support to beneficiaries and support their program planning, budgeting and tracking of expenditure;
• Ensure timely implementation of activities with strategic duty bearers;
• Ensure all diversions, corrective measures and relevant interventions are identified, timely escalated and resolved;
• Analyze and follow-up or recommend actions;
• Compile and prepare reports (monthly, quarterly and annual reports) as required (Financial and Narrative) in line with member / partner reporting guidelines;
• Monitor the implementation of programs plans using Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) tools and quality benchmarks to ensure achievement of planned objectives;
• Document MNCRD and partners experiences (best practices, the results achieved and any other experiences) to inform learning and sharing within and outside the Network using various ways including pictures and videos;
• Promote MNCRD and the project in the media; and
• Work closely with all implementing partners to ensure that child safeguarding, child rights programming, gender equality and child participation are integrated into all aspects of MNCRD programming, including the components of non-discrimination and climate change;
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree/diploma in Social Sciences or equivalent;
• At least 2 years of relevant working experience with right-based issues; preferably children’s rights within civil society sector;
• Strong knowledge of children’s rights;
• Demonstrated skills in the design of human rights projects;
• Experience in proposal development;
• Good analytical and report writing skills;
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives;
• English language proficiency a must, local languages an added advantage;
• Strong communication (verbal and writing skills) , interpersonal and representational skills;
• Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Knowledge of Word, Microsoft excel and PowerPoint;
Candidates from the target districts will have an added advantage.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. Thus, candidates will have to abide by the MNCRD’s Code of Conduct in dealing with children.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email your cover letter and CV to [email protected] ; [email protected] ; clearly indicate the position you’re applying for in the email subject.
Please do not attach copies of your certificates
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25th August, 2021 . Only short listed candidates will be notified.
MNCRD reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.