5 Inspectors-Regulations and Compliance
Jobs at:Water Resources Management Authority
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Inspector-Regulations and Compliance (05 Positions)
Department: Water Resources Management& Information
Reports to: Catchment Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
• Three (3) years’ experience. preferably in similar institutions.
Purpose of the Job:
Conduct technical inspections of all water resources hydraulic infrastructure and water users in compliance with terms and conditions of their permits and within the bounds of the Water Resources Management Act (WRM Act) No. 21 of 2011.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
• Conduct inspection of water resources infrastructure to determine their safety and integrity.
• Conduct inspections of licensed drilling companies, equipment, and
• their operations to determine compliance.
• Take audit of water permits and monitor the adherence to water permit conditions by all water users.
• Review design and/or as-built drawings and technical reports of hydraulic structures such as dams and weirs.
• Investigate all complaints received concerning water resources utilisation.
• 6.Investigate reported incidences of water pollution, water misuse, illegal water use and enforce compliance.
• Undertake regular inspections of all water works to ascertain their operation in accordance with the approved plans and specifications
• Gather technical evidence of illegal water use for purposes of enforcing the provisions of the WRM Act No. 21 of 2011.
• Prepare comprehensive inspection reports
• Conduct audits of any potential adverse activities that may affect water resources.
• Provide support and advice to water users to ensure compliance with regulations and provisions of the Water Resources Management Act.
• Performs any other duties as delegated by superiors.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should send their application letters supported by copies of certified academic and professional qualifications with detailed curriculum vitae (CVS) with 3 traceable referees to the following address not later than Tuesday 15th June, 2021:
The Director General
Water Resources Management Authority
Plot No LN-385-7 & 385-8, Alick Nkhata Road
P.O. Box 51059
Att: The Acting Director Human Resource and Administration