2 Associate Professors/Senior Lecturers – Geomatics
Jobs at:Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community Engagement as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to fill teaching positions in the School of Mines and Mineral Sciences at any of the levels listed below and in the following departments:
DEPARTMENT OF GEOMATICS
JOB TITLE: Associate Professors/Senior Lecturer – Geomatics (02 Positions)
To teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, conduct research in the field, offer consultancy services, and participate in academic activities in the University.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing curricula and delivering course material.
• Conducting research, fieldwork, investigations, and writing reports.
• Publishing research, attending conferences, delivering presentations, and networking with others in the field.
• Traveling to other universities or academic settings to participate in learning opportunities and thus gain experience.
• Participating in committee, departmental, and faculty meetings.
• Providing training and mentoring to teaching assistants and junior lecturers.
• Reviewing methods and teaching materials, and making recommendations for improvement.
• Assisting with student recruitment, interviews, and academic counseling sessions.
• Contributing to the creation of an environment that promotes growth, equality, and freedom of speech.
Qualifications and Experience required
• Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “O” Levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
• An earned PhD in Geomatics Engineeringor equivalent from an accredited university.
• A minimum of five (05) years of experience in teaching in an academic setting.
• Professional Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
• Published articles and proven experience as an academic.
• Strong teaching and mentoring skills.
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• A sound understanding of and passion for the subject matter.
• A growth mindset and excellent networking abilities.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (3) names of referees, two (2) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant.
The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than Friday 28th January 2022 or soft copies to [email protected]
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692