The Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) wishes to engage suitably qualified Zambians for the positions of Voter Education Facilitator (VEFs) . VEFs will be engaged on a short term contract basis to conduct voter education activities leading to Polls in all the 116 districts across the country.
Reporting to: The District Voter Education Coordinator
To conduct Voter Education in the area of deployment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning for voter education activities
- Mobilizing community members in the targeted ward to attend voter education activities
- Organising and facilitating voter education activities
- Conducting voter education activities throughout the area of deployment
- Reporting on activities implemented
- Ensuring marginalized groups have access to voter education materials and information
- Must be a Zambian citizen with green a National Registration Card (NRC) and Voter’s Card
- Must have a full Grade 12 Certificate with a pass in English. A tertiary education preferably in teaching/education will be an added advantage
- Possession of an Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) Voter Education Facilitator’s certification, proven experience working in a similar position with the Commission or past work experience in a similar capacity will be an added advantage
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and the local language spoken in the ward applied for
- Preferably resident of the ward where one is applying to work
- A good knowledge of the ward where one is applying to work is a must
- Not in full time employment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be non-partisan, of sober mind and high integrity
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Must be able to implement voter education activities as directed
- Must be a self starter, driven and motivated
- Must have the ability to work with own initiative and innovation
- Must be willing to work in communities.
Application letters accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of required educational certificates and contact number(s), MUST be addressed to the D istrict Electoral Officer (Town Clerk/Council Secretary) of the applicants’ district of residence. Applicants should clearly indicate in their application letters, the name of the ward they are applying for.
Persons with Disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
Applications must reach the District Electoral Officer not later than Friday, 7th May, 2021.