- Company: COMESA
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens of COMESA Member States residing in Zambia to fill the position of Secretary – GS6.
Purpose of the job
The Secretary will assist the Administrative Assistant in the day to day running of the division in typing, proof reading of documents, operating a system of record keeping and be part of a team.
The Secretary will work under the overall supervision of the Director of Human Resources and Administration.
The successful candidate will provide the following tasks:
Transcribe by using a word processor from shorthand notes or from written and printed sources by:
- Typing memoranda, letters, reports, faxes, tables, schedules and documents;
- Proof reading the above and making corrections as necessary;
- Submitting the above for vetting and signature; and
- Sending the finished product to the Administrative Assistant.
Operate a system of record keeping by:
- maintaining a file index;
- filing correspondence and shelving thick documents;
- retrieving correspondence and documents; and
- keeping trace of files and documents when borrowed and ensuring their return to their respective file cabinets or shelves.
Participate in Team Activities by:
- being part of a secretarial pool when required;
- participating in the meetings of the Division or section;
- accepting relevant work from the Administrative Assistant when the
- pressure on other secretaries calls for sharing of the work;
- carrying the functions of a Senior Secretary on ad hoc basis; and
- making suggestions on improvements on the general secretarial set-up of the Division.
Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor to achieve Divisional/ Unit mandates