- Company: Lusaka International Community School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school is in an exciting phase of facility and curriculum development and will offer the incumbent an enriching and enjoyable sense of professional fulfillment. For more information about Zambia, please visit, https://www.zambiatourism.com/
We seek to appoint a Secondary Vice Principal Pastoral with effect 1 August 2021.
1. Job Purpose
To assist in Leading, developing, and managing the Secondary School of LICS in an inspired, motivated, and dynamic way. To strive for optimal academic performance from each learner by maintaining teaching standards and quality in staff in a caring and supportive environment. To support the Community Service efforts and enable the sports and extra curricula program to function effectively within the school day. To lead the pastoral care team and have an overall knowledge of the needs of all learners
- Leadership knowledge and understanding
- Skills and practices of leadership
- Leadership values and attributes
- Professional relationships in leadership
- Leading teaching and learning
- Leading innovation and improvement
- Establishing management systems
- Community engagement
3. Qualifications and Qualities:
- BEd / BA (QTS) / PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualifications and training relevant to the leadership position
- Registration with a Teachers’ Accreditation / Registration Body.
- Senior leadership skills (motivator, discipline, initiative, professional manner)
- Willingness to optimize, communicate and coordinate, and continuous review processes
- Proven and respectful communication skills within a diverse cultural teaching staff, with students and parents/business partners
- Proven skills/record in management of a department/area in an international school
- Proven experience in pastoral care and/or an academic department.
- Proven track record of management of learner disciplinary issues.
- Knowledge and experience of data analysis and student tracking.
- IT literacy, knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint within the Microsoft Office Professional Package
- Have the ability to be pro-active, using foresight using planning skills to help move the school forward.
- Be a team player