- Company: Lusaka International Community School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ. The school is in an exciting phase of facility and curriculum development and will offer the incumbent an enriching and enjoyable sense of professional fulfillment. For more information about Zambia, please visit, https://www.zambiatourism.com/
We seek to appoint a Secondary Student Support Services Coordinator with effect 1 August 2021.
1. The Role
As SSS Coordinator, you will be responsible for cultivating an inclusive learning environment throughout LICS secondary school. You will develop the graduated response, to support learners with particular learning needs and lead staff in best practice, enabling every LICS learner to achieve their potential.
- Knowledge of a range of SEN (including MLD, ASD, SLCN, and SpLD) and its impact on the learning of children and young people
- Understanding the most effective teaching methods and strategies to meet the identified needs of pupils with SEN
- Experience in teaching pupils with a range of special educational needs
- Experience in setting outcomes and monitoring, evaluating, and recording progress
- Experience in delivering whole school training on SEN related topics
- Knowledge and understanding to support ESL children
- Registration with a Teachers’ Accreditation / Registration Body.
- Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
3. Qualifications and Qualities:
- BEd (QTS), /PGCE or equivalent
- Demonstrate excellent subject/area specialist knowledge.
- Have a full understanding of connections and progressions in the subject and use this in their teach-ing and guidance to ensure pupils make good progress.
- Understand ICT in the teaching of their subject or specialism(s).