Jobs at:Private School
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A private School in Lusaka is looking for a conscientious, warm and reliable team player to fill up the role of a School secretary.
To perform a variety of secretarial, clerical and administrative duties in support of the operation of the School and in support of the Principal, Head Teacher, Staff, Pupils and Parents.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
• Set up and maintain filing systems for students and staff – paper and electronic.
• Create, maintain and enter information into the School database.
• Keep accurate Pupils attendance records and submit reports as required.
• Prepare and distribute appropriate communications including newsletters, emails and announcements.
• Answer incoming calls, provide information, direct calls where necessary and take messages.
• Greet visitors, handle inquiries and direct visitors to the appropriate destination
• Read, sort and distribute incoming School mail.
• Operate office equipment including Desktop, phone and printers.
Education and Experience
• Relevant training or qualification.
• Working knowledge of relevant software applications including Access database management, Microsoft excel, Microsoft word and Microsoft Outlook.
• Knowledge of current office operations and procedures.
• Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills.
• Knowledge of School policies and procedures.
Competencies and Skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Confidentiality, integrity and adherence to ethical standards.
• ICT proficiency is a must.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for the role, email your Cover letter and Resume ONLY in one document to [email protected] . Closing date for applications will be Monday 23rd August 2021.