- Company: City of Hope
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Quality Assurance Officer (QAO) is responsible for ensuring operational compliance of church partners to the Savings Group ministry methodology. The QAO will work with the HOPE and partner staff with the aim of improving consistent quality of the ministry.
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International through:
Monitoring of Compliance to HOPE’s methodology
- Conduct field monitoring reviews and produce field monitoring reports (FMRs)
- Provide recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes and procedures.
- Review, validate and provide feedback on partner reports to HOPE Zambia
- Provide training on reporting tools and procedures to all field staff
- Update quality related dashboards to share with management
- Conduct data entry validation to ensure data accuracy and reliability and provide oversight over data management tools
- Compile and submit monthly and other required reports to the Country Director and Central Service Unit
- Conduct annual checks to ensure validity of MoUs between HOPE and partners
- Ensure that partner annual ministry plans are in line with HOPE goals and objectives.
- Assist Country Director and Admin and Finance Manager in the review of internal audit Reports and addressing the concerns of Internal Audit.
- Assist Country Director and Admin and Finance Manager in the review and identification of internal control gaps and participate in the development of mechanisms to close the gaps
- Provide recommendations to senior management in the mitigation of key operational risks.
- Oversee the process of operational audits, and participate in the development of risk reduction plans
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Actively participate in bi-weekly devotions, monthly meetings and quarterly retreats for HOPE staff in order to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ-centered mission and to promote spiritual growth among staff, facilitators and savings group members.
- Ensure a personal healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, spiritual disciplines
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Director
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Passionate commitment to HOPE’s mission and vision
- Passion and ability to self-educate regarding savings group methodologies and systems.
- A minimum of a university degree in Business administration, economics, Development studies, or related field.
- Excellent understanding of cross-cultural communications and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated 2 years project management experience
- Strong numerical and statistical skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and any other commonly spoken local language
- Excellent computer-based communication skills (Ms Word, Excel, power point) and ability to work with web-based data management applications (an excel test may be administered as part of an interview)
- Highly flexible and creative, assertive, self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team.
- Willingness to travel extensively