The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employrnent in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Cornpensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position:
MANAGER – PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES (x1)
A. JOB PURPOSE
To acquire authorized goods and services for WCFCB of approved specification and quality from the right sources at the right economic price. These must be available to users in the right condition, quality at the right time and at the right place.
B. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Ccrtifics thc unit with thc Zarnbia Public Procurcrncnt Authority i. c. Act no. 12 of 2008 and SI No. 63 of201 1 in order to maintain the corporate image of the Board.
Determine the best method of procurement for all requests.
Ensures the procurement unit operates within the laws and regulations of ZPPA.
- Ensures timely procurement ofall goods, services and works.
- Plans aud coordilldte procurement of all goods, services and works every year through the procurement plan.
- Participates in the preparation of both procurement and inventory monthly reports to show activities carried out during the month under review, for management attention.
- Assists the superior with planning and coordinating of all procurement activities for the Board, in liaison with relevant officers, to ensure that only required goods and services are procured.
- Participates in the preparation of both procurement and inventory monthly reports to show activities carried out during the month under review, for management attention,
- Procures materials and re- stocks the storeroonr, carries out stock taking of items in the store room once every month to ensure that an acceptable level of stock is available
- Prepares all departmental reports and presents to management, (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Supervises all staff in the procurement department.
- Manages all contracts entered into by the Board with respective user departments and ensures timely renewals/ sourcing are done.
- Conducts opening closing sessions of tendering process.
- Provide secretarial duties to the procurement committee and also gives professional guidance on all matters of procurement.
- Prepares evaluation reports and minutes to the committee meetings negotiations and pre- bid meeting.
C. JOB REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent.
- Masters Degree in any Business related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Problem solving with regard to regulations and the Act of ZPPA.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Compliance with relevant regulations.
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Good personal organization.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address later than 16th October, 2020.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534