HR Officer and Receptionist
Jobs at:Shakespeare Court
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This organisation is a Gospel Impact business, owned and run by Christians to a high standard. We want to improve our impact on people by recruiting additional staff.??The Role?We are looking for a well-qualified individual to:
* Run our HR department single handedly with occasional support from a consultant.
* Man reception 12 hours a day, 7:30am – 19:30 day shift and 19:30 – 07:30am night shift working 8 out of 14 days, covering 365 days a year with a team of colleagues, each on a different shift.
* Lead the team on site when more senior people are off duty?* Provide administrative support to the team?* Running our online booking system
* Check in /out guests courteously and efficiently
* Process all payments
* Handle guest complaints with diplomacy
* Deal with reservation calls, process records and follow up on enquiries??Ideal Candidate ?* Christian?* Organised
* Good team working skills
* Positive attitude
* Excellent oral and written skills
* Ability to multitask
* Good computer knowledge and accurate mathematical calculations
* Must be willing to work weekends and public holidays??Qualifications & Experience
* Degree in HR or EQUIVALENT * Must be a member of ZIHRM * Hospitality experience would be ideal but is not essential.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this position, you should:
* Only apply if you fulfil all of the requirements
* Only apply before the closing date
* Send 1 email with 3 attachments only. Email should have the header:?‘your name – HR’?e.g. John Banda – HR
Answer the following questions only. Copy the questions into an email and answer them. There should be NO introduction and NO sign off. If you ignore this request you are unlikely to get the job.
• Why do you want to work at Shakespeare Serviced Apartments and what is it about this role that attracts you? Answer in 220-250 words.
• What relevant skills and experience do you have that means you will excel in this role? Answer in 220-250 words.
• Describe a routine HR piece of work that you regularly carry out. Answer in 220-250 words.
• Describe a big HR ‘people problem’ that you’ve encountered. Describe the problem and the solution that you brought about. What went well? How could it have improved? Answer in 220-250 words.
• Imagine you are asked to produce a procedures manual for an area of HR work that you’ve never done before. In 90-110 words describe how you would produce that manual?
• Are you a Christian? If so which church are you part of? Describe your ethical and/or religious approach to life, money and work. Answer in 220-250 words.
• What area of the city do you live in, how will you get to and from work and how much will it cost you per day?
HR work involves treating people well and following appropriate procedures. Attach 2 sample procedure templates. The first template should be a model disciplinary procedure. The file name should be ‘Your name Disciplinary Procedure’ . The second should be a procedure manual for a different area of work. The subject area is your choice. The file name should be ‘Your name – Xxxx Procedure’ .
Please attach only 3 documents, including your CV, which should have the file name:?‘Your name CV’.?e.g. John Banda CV
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]