- Company: Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is the eighth largest Coca-Cola bottling partner worldwide and the biggest on the African continent, serving 13 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. We boast a diverse pan-African footprint with more than 36 bottling plants serving over 600,000 outlets across the continent. We aim to be the leading Coca-Cola bottler in Africa, delivering profitable and sustained growth through increased availability and access to Coca-Cola beverages across Southern and East Africa. Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia represents the world’s most cherished trademark and invests in the most exciting events. We are inviting applications from young ambitious and highly motivated graduates to undergo an intensive graduate training program.
POSITION: Warehouse Management Trainee (1)
LOCATION: Lusaka – Zambia The Graduate Trainee Program is designed to give the successful graduates hands-on training in the Warehouse unit. The candidates will be exposed to learning opportunities with an aim of building their competencies, skills and knowledge in the Warehouse department with the ultimate view of preparing them for future roles in the business based on performance. The graduate trainees will be required to undergo intensive Development programs for 18 months.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining security of the warehouse, loading dock, and surrounding area to prevent theft.
- Ensure Stock accountability
- Capturing movement of stock in the system
- Liaise with customers regarding stock queries.
- Manages Best Before Dates (BBD) for all stock in the warehouse
- Monitors all receipts i.e. transfers and production and ensure stock accuracy is aligned to settlement processes.
- Manage the intake of items to be stored in the warehouse.
- Place stored items in safe, appropriate locations, taking into account temperature, light exposure, size, weight, and available space.
- Create a schedule to manage warehouse workers and their time.
- Adhere to safety codes for both workers and equipment.
- Coordinate and plan with relevant stakeholders when items will arrive and leave, while managing inventory and space.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
Skills, Experience & Education
- Must have a Degree in either one of the following disciplines with a Merit or better in Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Transport Management, Business Administration or its equivalent
- Must be a recent graduate from the University within the past 3 years (2018 – 2020) • GCE O Level certificate holder with a merit in both English and Mathematics
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Highly adaptable
- Must not be more than 30 years old
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
- Experience in FMCG is an added advantage
Please attach all the relevant qualifications. Applications without an attachment of the academic qualifications will not be considered.